Kalvin Phillips

This is a bullshit argument, which sadly even Phillips himself has bought into.

Phillips didn't start a single league game last season until the title was already won. He started 4 games all season, in all competitions. He barely got off the bench.

He looked totally out of his depth whenever he got on the pitch.

There is no comparison to any other player under Pep. You want a comparison? Jack Rodwell would be more apt. In fact, that's unfair to Rodwell - he scored that brace against Norwich.
Phillips missed 5 months of 10 month season injured , i dont see that mentioned in your post , Why ? Anybody in any job would struggle to assimilate to new surroundings after being ill/injured for 50% of your employment or are footballers different ?
I will judge him at the end of next season , which is the fair and logical way , if it doesnt work out he will still command a fee around £40m even playing after playing a few games for the best team in europe.
Pep and our management has made very few mistakes in our recruitment , maybe Phillips will be a duck egg which will please a few on here but he deserves a full injury free season before we can demand a public flogging

You're not serious?

He played 593 minutes last season.

Sergio Gomez played 971.

In Grealish's first season he played 2730.

In Rodri's first season he played 3711.

I could go on.

Angelino played 892 minutes in 19/20, and he left for Leipzig in the January window.

Even Rodwell played 607 minutes in 12/13.

As far as I can tell, the last first team signing to play less minutes than Phillips during their first season at the club was Scott Sinclair.

Honestly, I'm not really bothered. I've argued all day for the positive side of Phillips that I can't be arsed with negative 'fans' tearing down a player needing confidence that plays in our Blue shirt.

As long as he gets his head and confidence up, that'll do for me and whatever gets you guys off to knock him down I hope you cling to it.

Seen it since Edgehill, when it clicked with me he was a Boo Boy.

Didn't like it then and I don't like it now.

Don't waste your breath. Has KP shown much of anything to date at City? Not really. Can he still come good? Contrary to the opinion of those on here who have gone miles beyond the line of any rational posting, the answer is yes. Will he? Who knows. Certainly not the posters on here tripping over themselves to kill the guy. A bunch of self-annointed experts railing on about a guy whose made himself a full England international while being named the 3 Lions best player at the Euros. OK, we all get it, some of you HATE Phillips as a player and can't keep from telling the rest of us how shit he is over and over and over again when the reality is he's hardly even played. I'm for letting it play out so for my own peace of mind I'll be avoiding this particular thread as long as it's being polluted by nonsense that IMO goes way over the top and beyond any form of objective reasoning regarding one of our own. It's actually gone far beyond reasonable opinion and debate and into a level of being embarrassing and distasteful...later...

Earlier it kind of shocked me that City fans could be like this; more spoilt, more demanding, more Red Scum-like in trait... but we have them as I remembered in the previous post!

I have argued with others on Bernardo's terrible half season, last year, but never wanted him out of the club or not playing, just a change of position to an attacking one, which proved me right.

I don't get it on here, sometimes.

Earlier it kind of shocked me that City fans could be like this; more spoilt, more demanding, more Red Scum-like in trait... but we have them as I remembered in the previous post!

I have argued with others on Bernardo's terrible half season, last year, but never wanted him out of the club or not playing, just a change of position to an attacking one, which proved me right.

I don't get it on here, sometimes.
It's like some kind of feeding frenzy, each poster trying to outdo the other with nasty shit. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but it seems like some people enjoy ripping guys while acting like their word is gospel. For me, it's annoying as fuck.

Honestly, I'm not really bothered. I've argued all day for the positive side of Phillips that I can't be arsed with negative 'fans' tearing down a player needing confidence that plays in our Blue shirt.

As long as he gets his head and confidence up, that'll do for me and whatever gets you guys off to knock him down I hope you cling to it.

Seen it since Edgehill, when it clicked with me he was a Boo Boy.

Didn't like it then and I don't like it now.
Do you think stating basic facts about how little Pep trusted him to play last season is 'tearing him down'?

You claimed he got an 'above average' amount of game time for his first season under Pep. The opposite is true.

I want him to be a success. We all do. By all accounts he's a really nice bloke and frankly, he's not going anywhere.

So don't pull the bigger blue bullshit. It's tiresome.

It's like some kind of feeding frenzy, each poster trying to outdo the other with nasty shit. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but it seems like some people enjoy ripping guys while acting like their word is gospel. For me, it's annoying as fuck.
It may be annoying to you and the rest of us but the only one who can solve the "Kalvin Philipps enigma" is Kalvin himself.
Injuries accepted, the drop off in standard from Leeds to now is a mystery.
He's not an unproven youngster like Lewis or Palmer but an English International.
I don't have a clue why but he plays better for England than ourselves even though he is surrounded by better players with us.
There is a good player there somewhere but he is in his second season and needs to be staking a claim for regular football right now

The cynic in me thinks he couldn’t leave City before his “Kalvin Phillips: THE ROAD TO CITY” documentary came out. Maybe a commercial matter? Let’s see until September 1st though

Then tell us, please. I saw a hustle play, first pressing the man on the ball and then pursuing the back pass to the keeper, leading to the turnover.

Jesus Christ even when the guy does something good some of you just can't give it to him...

SMFH...

Errr, OK, but I replied to this….

I like that he quickly realize he might be in offside position so he step back allowing Julian shoot and his goal is allowed.

I never said a word about whatever it us you’re going on about!

Never mentioned pressing or hustle or ANYTHING negative!

The goalkeeper was claiming that Phillips interfered with him as he scrambled across his goal. Phillips just stood his ground and tried to make himself small so Alvarez didn’t hit him! THAT was what I was referring to.

And, lest it go unnoticed, I’ve been one of the few who have asked for Phillips to be given a season to see if he can be City material. There is a player in there, but I’m not sure if he is a City (Best team in Europe) player or simply a decent Premier League player for the right team and right system for him.

Easy champ -Everyone’s entitled to an opinion, as you point out, just don’t resort to aggressive personal abuse when it doesn’t concur with yours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.