Kalvin Phillips

What's the deal Man City Lads?

Media say Man City don't want to loan to Newcastle - because muh UAE/Saudi.

Can Kalvin still play football? He was shite in League Cup game I watched, but amazing against Scotland.

Why doesn't Pep play him?
Got to assume he just can’t play the way Pep wants. Maybe just can’t react the speed Pep wants a DM to make decisions. Hard for us to see because we’ve not seen him play in a match that really matters unless we are at least 3 goals up with less than 15 minutes to go. He will probably go on to be a very good player for someone else who doesn’t have a Rodri level player already. Pity we didn’t loan him out last season to see if he could develop before we sold him.

City will probably let him go on loan to the club that offers to pay the highest proportion of his wages.
We'll end up paying at least 50% of his salary for the rest of the season, and he'll no doubt still qualify for squad bonuses for City winning another treble.

Whatever happens, it's going to have cost City a lot of money for this farce of a signing.

I like the lad. He's just never been good enough for genuinely top level football.

Might be a stupid suggestion but if nobody wants him could we do a loan deal with Girona til the summer?

Surely he’d be up for it, might play a bit more and it’s a nicer place than Beswick in February.

What's the deal Man City Lads?

Media say Man City don't want to loan to Newcastle - because muh UAE/Saudi.

Can Kalvin still play football? He was shite in League Cup game I watched, but amazing against Scotland.

Why doesn't Pep play him?
No one wants to pay the fee that we want for him, so everyone is playing the waiting game whilst running the January window clock down to see if City lower the demands.

Sell him to Trafford Red Sox for £20 mill. Throw in the ‘Welcome to Manchester’ banner for nothing.

Seriously. He’s better than their other options, and the “don’t strengthen a rival” adage doesn’t apply.
Kalvin phillips GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Nearly fell off my chair when I read Barca was interested. Do they see something we don’t ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.