Kalvin Phillips

But you did bring up the weight issue. We all knew about that, most of us had got over it, and some of us thought it might have been a gig from Pep at the waistcoat manager regarding his management of our players
I don’t think it was just the weight issue, but perhaps more the fact that Phillips didn’t return early from the World Cup to work on his fitness and try to get into the team when there was a real opportunity for him to do so.

Phillips took the whole period available after the WC as holiday, went to New York and flew back in the day before everyone returned to training. Given that he hadn’t played all season, maybe there was an expectation or hope at the club that he would have skipped the holiday and returned early, got in top shape etc and been ready when we needed him most.

I do love reading the new fans on Twitter (NOT the old skool overseas Berts, like a couple of great Chicago lads I met in Gullivers pre Christmas).
Seen them refer to those of us who go to games, and supported us before the 21st century, as ‘Maine Road merchants’
typing it and saying it to our face ....two very different things.

.................love a "massive" Maine Road merchant - Citeh 'til I die

I’ve been thinking about this. It hasn’t worked out well for us, or him, with Kalvin, but his conduct has been exemplary. Why would it enter someone’s head to go onto a public forum and say he should give all his medals back? There’s no reason for it, it’s just very bitter and twisted and completely unnecessary. What does any individual gain by him giving his medals back? I’m just pleased for him that he’s go then and wish things had gone better for him.
You've summed it up well in this post and i too wish him well, but the bottom line is Kalvin has not shown enough hunger and desire in the limited minutes Pep has played him.

I hope he does well for West Ham and they want to buy him in the summer, maybe a makeweight in us signing Paqueta? Hmm...

With the amount of coaching he has had while he's been with City I think he will leave a better player for it ( you learn plenty in training), not only in his football but how he understands the mental requirements of it all.
I have high hopes that he will do well.

I don’t think it was just the weight issue, but perhaps more the fact that Phillips didn’t return early from the World Cup to work on his fitness and try to get into the team when there was a real opportunity for him to do so.

Phillips took the whole period available after the WC as holiday, went to New York and flew back in the day before everyone returned to training. Given that he hadn’t played all season, maybe there was an expectation or hope at the club that he would have skipped the holiday and returned early, got in top shape etc and been ready when we needed him most.
That’s at least rational pal unlike the person who says he should return all his medals

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.