Kalvin Phillips

We're all Blues, but some need to behave regarding the slagging of players, imo.
I respect your opinion. But, when you say ‘slagging off’ do you mean abusive, or just not constructively critical? If it’s the later, then others are entitled to theirs in a constructive way. I’ve repeatedly said he’s nowhere near good enough and explained my reasons. As a season ticket holder, member of cityzens and supporters club, I should surely have the right to hold those views on a commodity of our club?

we need a back up to Rodri not a player who can only play well along side Rodri.

Kovacic is better than him in CM role.

I still say sell him and get a new CM backup.

But it won't happen so I hope he can improve.

This is a spectacularly dumb take!

Has the hatred of Phillips really come this far to suggest the great and masterful Rodri never played alongside Fernandinho and learned the mid role all by himself ...??

I guess some people are that gifted in the Guardiola mid system and over 12 months immersion was my imagination...

Has the hatred of Phillips really come this far to suggest the great and masterful Rodri never played alongside Fernandinho and learned the mid role all by himself ...??

I guess some people are that gifted in the Guardiola mid system and over 12 months immersion was my imagination...
No it isn’t. It’s not your opinion but that doesn’t make it dumb, nor does it make you right.

No it isn’t. It’s not your opinion but that doesn’t make it dumb, nor does it make you right.

It's dumb cos even Rodri took time to settle into the team and needed a partner to learn what was needed.

The fact that Phillips looked better on Weds is no different to Rodri looking better when Ferna was on the field in the beginning.

There seems to be no shame for not considering this simple fact that all our eyes saw, but some minds omitted.

It's dumb cos even Rodri took time to settle into the team and needed a partner to learn what was needed.

The fact that Phillips looked better on Weds is no different to Rodri looking better when Ferna was on the field in the beginning.

There seems to be no shame for not considering this simple fact that all our eyes saw, but some minds omitted.
I’m seeing basics - or lack there of. Phillips ain’t got them. Sorry.

Oh Crikey, do we have to keep going over this?! Some of us believe giving him time will some how give him some mystical morph into a City player with an instant first touch, awareness of play going on around him, and just basic natural ability. That’s the City template. You HAVE to have that before Pep can begin to mould and improve you. There are others of us who KNOW he just hasn’t got these basic qualities and he needs to go somewhere where his honest to goodness effort and nice guy approach will be appreciated and enjoy his football again without the out of his depth pressure that expecations at the best team in the world can screw you up. Sorry if that upsets the posters who want to believe otherwise, but it’s not going to happe for the lad. Sooner you and him recognise this the better for him.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.