Kalvin Phillips

He is an awful player at this level and there is a significant and growing body of evidence that suggests he has an appalling attitude and checked out from football when he signed his contract with us.

I would give him away for free if it meant we didn't have to pay for his fat arse to reside on our bench.

Objectively, he will have to go on a free. And City may have to subsidise his wages.

This is one the Club screwed up. He might do a job at Port Vale or AFC Alpenhorn. I can't see any PL club, or ambitious Championship team, wanting him.

Not his fault we bought him & put him on big wages but he was never remotely good enough for us.
Huge fuck up by the powers that be at the club.
His decline is startling though.
The glimpses I saw of him at Leeds are no comparison to the current player
His slowness on his feet and overall lethargy makes Joe Biden look like a young Michael Flatley.

Not his fault we bought him & put him on big wages but he was never remotely good enough for us.
It's his fault he's got a shit can't be arsed attitude though. He's never looked close to trying to break sweat in a City shirt and that's unforgivable, especially as pampered and paid very good money to be with us. I wouldn't mind if he'd tried to make things happen but he's mentally weak and apathetic. Sooner we get shut of him the better.

It happens but thankfully we have avoided these type of deals more often than not.

Just need to move on.

I put it down to Phillips, he doesn’t have the top level mentality with Pep demanding his best even when not playing. Clearly affected his confidence and then couldn’t recover. Happens to many athletes and isn’t a knock on him at all.

Hard to put into words how incredibly terrible this transfer has gone for the club.
I wonder if Pep ever regrets his comments on him after the WC, because it seems to have ruined him as a footballer.
Regardless, if it was a correct assessment of him or not.

Hopefully the club can just cut their losses soon, but these performances cannot be helping our negotiations at all!
Yeah, after all Pep is famous for wrecking the careers of footballers and coaching them backwards.

Oh, hang on a sec...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.