Kalvin Phillips

He's got midtable written all over him.

I think that's a stretch to be honest.

No disrespect to the lad, but he's had 1 good league in the Premier League in his career, which was his first. His second season with Leeds in this league he was injured a lot and didn't play well. Before those seasons he was a championship player. After those seasons he joined us and struggled and he was god awful at West Ham on loan.

So if you wanna look at it realistically, he's only had 1 decent season in this league, and the rest of his good seasons were in the second tier. You could say that about players like Patrick Bamford too, he also had a good season in this league but it's not like he's truly a premier league quality striker.

Looking at it as a whole, you can make a case for Phillips not really being premier league quality. He's not too far off 30 and had one decent season in the top flight.

Of course it sounds harsh but looking at the facts, you could make a bigger case for him not being Premier League quality than him being a mid-table Premier League player because there's some good midfielders in the Premier League throughout the league

I find it really strange that we signed the player who seems to be so at odds with our requirements and standards.

It certainly is a strange one.

I remember plenty on here, myself included, being a bit baffled his signing at the time.

From what I'd seen of him, he didn't have the ability to play for us. I wasn't sure where he would or could fit in.

Of course, you trust the club and recruitment because they've forgotten more about football than most of us will ever know. But I suppose even the best misjudge things now and again.

It's not even like it didn't pan out over a period of time. Pep seemed to suss out VERY early he wanted him nowhere the first 11 in a game that mattered.

At this point I would just take the financial loss and let him go for whatever price....

He is taking up a squad place that we need for a player who can actually contribute and not look totally out of place when on the pitch...

Clearly a nice guy but he is nowhere near the level he needs to be.

Take the loss and move on as he is taking up a squad place

It certainly is a strange one.

I remember plenty on here, myself included, being a bit baffled his signing at the time.

From what I'd seen of him, he didn't have the ability to play for us. I wasn't sure where he would or could fit in.

Of course, you trust the club and recruitment because they've forgotten more about football than most of us will ever know. But I suppose even the best misjudge things now and again.

It's not even like it didn't pan out over a period of time. Pep seemed to suss out VERY early he wanted him nowhere the first 11 in a game that mattered.
Agreed.

It was very early on that I think Pep realised he wasnt good enough and the final nail in the coffin was when he returned from the England camp and Pep said he wasnt fit....at that point phillips career was over at city and that was pretty early on iirc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.