Kalvin Phillips

Been the same since day one, unfortunately. Just doesn’t seem to want it.
He doesn't have it in him to want it. Being an elite footballer in an elite team isn't for everyone.
There are players who want it even more than he does, yet they wouldn't make the cut here.

Last edited:
Poor lad. Seems like a great fella to have around, but far too expensive to be a homegrown paperweight.

Just hasn’t worked out and the sooner he gets another team, the better for him.

Currently he's an expensive, outfield version of Scott Carson. Maybe he can take the 4th keeper role....

Wish it had worked, but nah, nevermind. I'll wish him the best every game he plays when he leaves, as long as it isn't against us, but even then I wouldn't exactly worry.

Not suited to our system our mistake, I'd give a free transfer to get the 150k per week off the books

I find it really strange that we signed the player who seems to be so at odds with our requirements and standards.

If he was at some point showing the qualities we were looking for, because he was surely watched, what has happened to cause such a dramatic change ? Can his initial injury have affected his confidence/mentality ?

I suppose it could be a matter of confidence where he feels overawed by the quality of the players around him, but having played in the England squad ( whatever thoughts about that ) and performed quite well, it seems odd.

Perhaps Pep's attitude towards him after returning overweight has affected him?

Obviously going on loan was a disaster for him too, and yet without any disrespect intended to West Ham, apart from probably trying too hard to impress, I would have expected him to have settled there better.

A permanent solution has to be found away from City, for the good of both parties, and as soon as possible imo.

Even if a team got him for free, they might struggle to pay his wages.

Especially after his shit show loan spell at West Ham.

I think that was the final nail in the coffin for hoping someone would match his wages here, even if they got him for free or very cheap.

I think now it sinply comes down to him willing to take a pay cut to go and play football, or keep the same wages and not play, ambition basically.

Maybe another loan spell at a newly promoted side. He shouldn't feel above that. Ross Barkley rejuvenated his career at Luton by putting in good performances. He's got a move to Villa out of it. His wasn't a loan spell of course, but it does no harm to shine in a team that may not even stay up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.