Kalvin Phillips

just watched the extended highlights of the Milan friendly on the City web site and in a few seconds you see the problem straight away with Kalvin; receives the ball on the edge of our box, turns and loses it, appears to have no awareness and no speed of thought

The more he plays the more apparent is the fact that we are going to take an enormous financial hit to get rid of him.

He is completely broken as a footballer and it will take an incredible personal effort to revive it and I am not sure he has the motivation to do just that.
Seriously odd piece of business for us, he was never good enough for us.
Seems a nice bloke but is a braindead footballer

His level is his level but, I'm amazed that while working with world class players, a fantastic training set up, Pep and some of the best coaches available that he's managed to get to a position that he's gone from an England International starter to ....well I don't know to what, could he realistically in his current state hold a position at Ipswich, Burnley, Sheffield Wednesday or do we need to look lower?

I haven't given up on him yet, he is a good player but seems to strive off confidence. If he can get this confidence back then we could have the player we hoped for.

Personally I think Pep would have been better giving him minutes from the bench when the games were secure and build that confidence back.
You obviously meant thrive although he's definitely striving, I'm just not sure what for.

just watched the extended highlights of the Milan friendly on the City web site and in a few seconds you see the problem straight away with Kalvin; receives the ball on the edge of our box, turns and loses it, appears to have no awareness and no speed of thought
Watch it again, and look at his reaction to losing the ball! It’s non existent.
His speed of thought and awareness is shocking.

His level is his level but, I'm amazed that while working with world class players, a fantastic training set up, Pep and some of the best coaches available that he's managed to get to a position that he's gone from an England International starter to ....well I don't know to what, could he realistically in his current state hold a position at Ipswich, Burnley, Sheffield Wednesday or do we need to look lower?
Lower lower lower...
Bruce-Forsyth-host-of-ITV-007.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.