Kalvin Phillips

If he had any hopes at all for making the move work, he should be chomping at the bit to impress in preseason. Instead, he just shows lacklustre effort and a really poor mindset. It's like he's broken. Honestly thought he was going to be a good signing, as I'd liked him at Leeds & England, but it really has proven to be one of the worst we've made.

If he had any hopes at all for making the move work, he should be chomping at the bit to impress in preseason. Instead, he just shows lacklustre effort and a really poor mindset. It's like he's broken. Honestly thought he was going to be a good signing, as I'd liked him at Leeds & England, but it really has proven to be one of the worst we've made.
This thread might not escape the notice of Kalvin's prospective new employers, pity folk don't seem to recognise that and give the lad due credit - nearly scored a worldie last night for example.

Phillips asks for permanent move away from Man City - reports​

Midfielder Kalvin Phillips has told Manchester City he wants a permanent move away from the club, according to reports.
The 28-year-old spent the second half of last term on loan at West Ham but only played a total of 396 minutes all season.
Everton and Aston Villa are said to be considering a loan deal.

Midfielder Kalvin Phillips has told Manchester City he wants a permanent move away from the club, according to reports.
The 28-year-old spent the second half of last term on loan at West Ham but only played a total of 396 minutes all season.
American spelling

I think everyone else wants him to leave permanently also, but I can't see who will buy him unless we pay someone to take him away.

This thread might not escape the notice of Kalvin's prospective new employers, pity folk don't seem to recognise that and give the lad due credit - nearly scored a worldie last night for example.
Ah, is that the main reason why generally so many unrealistic statements are being made about City players' performances and market values on here?

That's interesting. And a bit weird as well to assume how other top clubs are managing their scouting departments...

Do we need a restricted "True Blues" area to discuss on a more realistic and critical playing field?

Best thing for all parties.
He knows he can’t do what Pep wants from his players.
The worrying thing is that his lack of confidence seems to have given him the equivalent of stage fright. His passing is poor, his scanning is woeful ( he nearly bumped into the ref several times last night), he struggles to move forward with the ball, he looks immobile, he really struggles to move at any speed and he just doesn’t seem to have the mental capability to get himself in the right position to receive the ball, he’s very often putting himself in positions when he definitely can’t receive the ball.
Feel for the lad, though his wages are a softener I’m sure. That said, I really think that this move and his subsequent failure at West Ham could have affected his mental health and that’s not good for anyone.
I hope he gets a good move and gets his career back on track.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.