Kalvin Phillips

He will want paying in full, which to be honest is fair enough.

He will maybe we pay a % of it seeing as we bought him and down to our mistake! A long loan with at the end of it he is there player!

Think what we will do is just try and find a club who will pay a loan fee and we pay some of his wages

"but don't understand why the club decided upon a 6 year contract for him."

Utterly bizarre and so unlike us

I agree and it has certainly come back to bite us in the arse, both by way of the financial commitment and having a player we do not want on our books.

Further compounding the Phillips issue, we also have Cancelo seemingly affecting our recruitment.

Annoying especially as both situations are as a consequence of our contract negotiations.

I agree and it has certainly come back to bite us in the arse, both by way of the financial commitment and having a player we do not want on our books.

Further compounding the Phillips issue, we also have Cancelo seemingly affecting our recruitment.

Annoying especially as both situations are as a consequence of our contract negotiations.
It could be much worse Utd have about 6/7 Kalvin Phillips types on their books

I understand the issues surrounding him and trying to find a long term solution, but don't understand why the club decided upon a 6 year contract for him.

Does anybody know why the club chose to go down this route, as it seems so out of character - or am I wrong on this aspect ?
Amortization. No other reason.

He will get his full wages, even if he moves we will be subsidising this for a long time. And who can blame him? He will have banked over 20m profit from his stint at city and a tonne of medals by doing very little. My sympathy ran out when I seen him stop after losing the ball on Saturday, then I did the maths on his bottom line. Zero Sympathy now!

Don’t think your comments reflect ‘he was doing alright’
Poor lad is out of his depth with what Pep wants and unfortunately with every game his confidence seems to take a bashing.
Best thing for the lad is to get away and fingers crossed he’ll resurrect his career.
Unfortunately will go down as one of our least successful signings, even though he won a treble. Feel for the lad.
tbf i thought the same as the poster. He was doing ok, keeping it simple but when he makes that first mistake his head goes.

Anyone seen 'The Replacements' reminds me of the Quicksand scene.

He could if he wanted to just sit on the bench , he’s got a contract until 2028. The money he’s on why would he move

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.