Kalvin Phillips

If you remember, Kompany started as CDM in his first season and didn't do well.

Then Mancini tried him as a CB and magic happened.

I always thought Kalvin would be more suitable for that position, especially the one Stones / Akanji play.

CDM - ain't gonna happen.

If you remember, Kompany started as CDM in his first season and didn't do well.

Then Mancini tried him as a CB and magic happened.

I always thought Kalvin would be more suitable for that position, especially the one Stones / Akanji play.

CDM - ain't gonna happen.
Apples and huge foreheaded oranges mate.

It does make you wonder how he managed in that Bielsa side who play riskily through the 6 all the time?! (Not sarcasm, genuine bewilderment)

I just wonder if he’s slowed down due to injuries and they’ve taken a toll on his ability to move the ball quicker. That or lack of confidence. Or both.
Leeds play much faster and more direct. We prefer squeezing and slowing our play, so our midfielders tend not to have alot of room.

Leeds play much faster and more direct. We prefer squeezing and slowing our play, so our midfielders tend not to have alot of room.
“He was really good for the problems we had. I know Kalvin when he gets the ball and can see all the pitch in front of him he’s a really good player. When he has the small spaces there are more problems."

Pep after the match.

ah but did you always have him down as a CB lol

Well done though :)
not perm but the stones role from shuffling to CB-DM i thought he could do. Played a flat CB last night and looked ok even given its against a bunch of kids.

Should help his confidence and grab him a loan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.