Kalvin Phillips

Lots of people still asking why Kalvin's so different from his Leeds days, forgetting that massive shoulder injury that occurred in between. Shoulder/back injuries finish off all sorts of players. Remember what it did to Negredo? One of the most powerful and deadly strikers in the league reduced to almost nothing. Had to leave the UK to get his career back on track and when he came back just two years later he was part of a team that went down with a whimper. And Kalvin wasn't as good as Negredo was. His level's the Championship now and I'm staggered teams like West Ham and Everton are even considering him.
Was he that good at Leeds, one good season in the PL, and a great Euros for England, his whole career reputation is built on that.

if there is any club interested in him, he and us should accept any deal without hesitation
A player isn't just going to an accept any deal. A lot would depend on which club the offer comes from, salary offered etc.

I suspect he'd be happy enough to go to any established PL club on the right terms but doubt he's going to be willing to drop down to the Championship. Maybe he'd be willing to try his luck abroad if he got the right offer but it's hard to imagine that clubs that could afford him would really be that interested given the way his career has gone over the past couple of years.

I can't see clubs wanting to gamble on signing him on a permanent deal at present. The most likely option would seem to be a loan move to mid-table PL club to give him the chance to get his career back on track.

A player isn't just going to an accept any deal. A lot would depend on which club the offer comes from, salary offered etc.

I suspect he'd be happy enough to go to any established PL club on the right terms but doubt he's going to be willing to drop down to the Championship. Maybe he'd be willing to try his luck abroad if he got the right offer but it's hard to imagine that clubs that could afford him would really be that interested given the way his career has gone over the past couple of years.

I can't see clubs wanting to gamble on signing him on a permanent deal at present. The most likely option would seem to be a loan move to mid-table PL club to give him the chance to get his career back on track.
Probably right there. Now my post is a general comment. We are into August and the main topic on the transfer forum this summer is what is going to happen to Kalvin Phillips. Is that not a bit concerning or just indicative of a dead transfer market?

We are into August and the main topic on the transfer forum this summer is what is going to happen to Kalvin Phillips. Is that not a bit concerning or just indicative of a dead transfer market?
I think we're quite happy with what we currently have and I doubt there will be any more major incomings unless an established squad member leaves. There have been rumours of Emerson and Alvarez wanting out and I'm sure if either (or both) left, they would be replaced.

He will if he knows he is finished.

He will take a pay off from us then get a 3 year contract in Turkey on decent money, he's then set up for life.

For me he is finished as a player in a top league, his confidence is smashed and he won't get that back at any sort of elite level.

He will if he knows he is finished.

He will take a pay off from us then get a 3 year contract in Turkey on decent money, he's then set up for life.

For me he is finished as a player in a top league, his confidence is smashed and he won't get that back at any sort of elite level.
I think you underestimate his powers of recuperation, looked good the other night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.