Kalvin Phillips

'good' is an elastic term.
bubble wrap football gif | WiffleGif

Maybe Kalvin should take this up

Agreed. You get the sense that some footballers never loved the sport but were just very good at it, but he feels like a lad who would have played every chance he had growing up. Sad that his career has come to this.
Really common. I always got that vibe from Sterling - was a brilliant player own his day and shame he never really recovered his form to the top level he reached with us for a couple of years - but I always got the feeling he wasn't really a fan of the sport as such, or give much of shit about club allegiances, he just happened to be really good at it.

Not a criticism btw.

If you remember, Kompany started as CDM in his first season and didn't do well.

Then Mancini tried him as a CB and magic happened.

I always thought Kalvin would be more suitable for that position, especially the one Stones / Akanji play.

CDM - ain't gonna happen.
Yeah but Kalvin Phillips isn't Vincent Kompany, John Stones or Manuel Akanji is he.

Really common. I always got that vibe from Sterling - was a brilliant player own his day and shame he never really recovered his form to the top level he reached with us for a couple of years - but I always got the feeling he wasn't really a fan of the sport as such, or give much of shit about club allegiances, he just happened to be really good at it.

Not a criticism btw.

Anelka is always the player I think of. Even Kev gives me a sense that he sees it as a career rather than a passion. Why I have a niggling voice in my head that he might not do coaching, just call it a day and get on with his life. I could be completely wrong on that, mind, so hard to tell. But you just know Pep, Kompany, Gundo seem like lads who would sit and watch an amateur five-a-side game and want to coach it before they sat down to watch Netflix.

And like you say, it's fair enough really. These days you're plucked from the street as young as five and encouraged to see it as a job before you've even hit puberty, of course some lads lose their love of it or just want to turn it off the second they get home.

Agreed. You get the sense that some footballers never loved the sport but were just very good at it, but he feels like a lad who would have played every chance he had growing up.
I recall an interview with Stephen Ireland where he said he never liked football

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.