Kalvin Phillips

depends on how you measure average ;-) hahahaha...but in all seriousness

I have got more professional inegritty IF he stays there and just picks up a wage and sits on the bench...Ive never said btw this is what he is doing....ive said that if this is what he does moving forward. His career has stalled completely and he needs to do something about it.....

If I had his ability with a ball at my feet Id jump at the chance....hell Id play for a 10th of what he is earning
Maybe. But would you move club and play for 1/10 of what your current wage is?

Indeed.

There isn’t a single football club anywhere who gets all their transfers spot on.

Look at us down the years:
Roque Santa Cruz
Jerome Boateng
Owen Hargreaves
Matija Nastasic
Jack Rodwell
Scott Sinclair
Maicon
Eliaquim Mangala
Stevan Jovetic
The way Alvaro Negredo ended up
Wilfred Bony
Fernando
Patrick Roberts
Nolito
Benjamin Mendy
The way Joao Cancelo ended up
Buying Angeliño back and never playing him
What was the point in Ferran Torres, two good performances?
Kalvin Phillips
Mattheus Nunes has done nothing in his entire career to make me think we should have signed him for more than £5m to loan out to Girona, and he was about £55m and sits on our bench unless he comes on and just sits on the floor pretending to be hurt.

…and we’ll always continue to do the same, just like all football clubs.

Yet the amount we get right far outweighs all the shite.
Yup.

Except nastasic who i thought was pretty decent,....not top level but he was decent enough at the time
Jovetic I think would have been a great player...injuries destroyed his chances with us

depends on how you measure average ;-) hahahaha...but in all seriousness

I have got more professional inegritty IF he stays there and just picks up a wage and sits on the bench...Ive never said btw this is what he is doing....ive said that if this is what he does moving forward. His career has stalled completely and he needs to do something about it.....

If I had his ability with a ball at my feet Id jump at the chance....hell Id play for a 10th of what he is earning

if it was of benefit of my career yes.....Ive taken pay cuts to move to different roles to benefit career and my health...its worked out really well actually.

This is all well and good but can you not see you're projecting what *you* want onto him? Maybe he is money motivated. It doesn't make him "a lesser person".

I'm sure you would play for 1/10th of what he makes but again, it's not a fair comparison because he has more than 10x your earning potential. Why should he lower his standards to meet yours?

This is all very moralistic when you've no right to be. I trust you're a heart surgeon who works for free 365 days a year.

if it was of benefit of my career yes.....Ive taken pay cuts to move to different roles to benefit career and my health...its worked out really well act

if it was of benefit of my career yes.....Ive taken pay cuts to move to different roles to benefit career and my health...its worked out really well actually.
Glad it worked out for you. But a change in what you do for health or strategic reasons, things many, myself included, have done is not really the same, as changing employer in the same sector and doing the same job for less. Now it could be argued that Pro Footballers are better placed than the rest of us to take a wage cut due to the ridiculous amounts even the most average players are paid.

Used to be that way, but I'm pretty sure the Premier League made it mandatory a few years ago, so no clause needed, he won't be eligible to face us. It's still clauses when it's different leagues or in European competition.

Could we not give Ipswich permission to allow him to play against us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.