Kalvin Phillips

Indeed.

There isn’t a single football club anywhere who gets all their transfers spot on.

Look at us down the years:
Roque Santa Cruz
Jerome Boateng
Owen Hargreaves
Matija Nastasic
Jack Rodwell
Scott Sinclair
Maicon
Eliaquim Mangala
Stevan Jovetic
The way Alvaro Negredo ended up
Wilfred Bony
Fernando
Patrick Roberts
Nolito
Benjamin Mendy
The way Joao Cancelo ended up
Buying Angeliño back and never playing him
What was the point in Ferran Torres, two good performances?
Kalvin Phillips
Mattheus Nunes has done nothing in his entire career to make me think we should have signed him for more than £5m to loan out to Girona, and he was about £55m and sits on our bench unless he comes on and just sits on the floor pretending to be hurt.

…and we’ll always continue to do the same, just like all football clubs.

Yet the amount we get right far outweighs all the shite.
Painful list.

Can he play against us at our first home game? Can never remember how it works with loan players.
Depends on the loan agreement but most of the time the player can’t play against the parent club.

Cancelo could against us when at Bayern but was CL. I think when it’s a loan to the same league however it’s less likely McAtee, Phillips or Doyle didn’t play against us last year.

Depends on the loan agreement but most of the time the player can’t play against the parent club.

Cancelo could against us when at Bayern but was CL. I think when it’s a loan to the same league however it’s less likely McAtee, Phillips or Doyle didn’t play against us last year.
Used to be that way, but I'm pretty sure the Premier League made it mandatory a few years ago, so no clause needed, he won't be eligible to face us. It's still clauses when it's different leagues or in European competition.

Why should he compare himself to the average person? He isn't average. He's 28 and he's pulling in £8 million a year. He's a king.

"It's hardly work" - ok you go and do it then. You've got exceptional professional integrity and Kalvin Phillips is a lesser person, I'm sure you'll find it easy.
depends on how you measure average ;-) hahahaha...but in all seriousness

I have got more professional inegritty IF he stays there and just picks up a wage and sits on the bench...Ive never said btw this is what he is doing....ive said that if this is what he does moving forward. His career has stalled completely and he needs to do something about it.....

If I had his ability with a ball at my feet Id jump at the chance....hell Id play for a 10th of what he is earning

He showed a winners mentality turning up at city in what was and is a quality squad , backing his talent . Whilst it hasn’t worked out to say the least , he seemed popular with the squad , hasn’t publicly thrown his toys out of the pram despite the embarrassment for him of not coming on in games ahead of kids etc . Whilst he is a “shit signing “ he is nowhere near the pile of shite we was happy to support pre takeover . Phillips is the modern day Paul power and Richard Edghill . Not good enough for us but doesn’t deserve the shite that has come his way and wish him the best
I do wish him the best and ive never said he was a bad egg (compared the Cancello who is poison in the dressing room/around the squad). Ive never even said he was a shit signing....is he good enough...no clearly not.

Ive said he should move for the sake of his career, for professional integrity (ie dont do a Danny Mills) and to kick start his career again. Becoming a jounreyman is not what leads to a successful football career when you are his level

Indeed.

There isn’t a single football club anywhere who gets all their transfers spot on.

Look at us down the years:
Roque Santa Cruz
Jerome Boateng
Owen Hargreaves
Matija Nastasic
Jack Rodwell
Scott Sinclair
Maicon
Eliaquim Mangala
Stevan Jovetic
The way Alvaro Negredo ended up
Wilfred Bony
Fernando
Patrick Roberts
Nolito
Benjamin Mendy
The way Joao Cancelo ended up
Buying Angeliño back and never playing him
What was the point in Ferran Torres, two good performances?
Kalvin Phillips
Mattheus Nunes has done nothing in his entire career to make me think we should have signed him for more than £5m to loan out to Girona, and he was about £55m and sits on our bench unless he comes on and just sits on the floor pretending to be hurt.

…and we’ll always continue to do the same, just like all football clubs.

Yet the amount we get right far outweighs all the shite.
Using ChatGPT on that list, excluding Cancelo and Phillips as we haven't sold them yet!

Total Profit/Loss:

• Total Paid: £282.4 million
  • Total Received: £164 million
  • Overall Loss: £118.4 million
We should be thankful as well that we recovered a fair bit back in transfer fees. Not many clubs ever do that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.