Kalvin Phillips

Wish him all the best, obv didn’t work out for him with us but it really pisses me off when I see blues calling him shit, he’s a prem lg player who’s played for England on a regular basis, he’s a million miles off being a “shit” player, he’s just not at our elite level, hope he re-discovers his Leeds form at Ipswich
Spot on Burnley.

It's a very good move for him I think and fair play for him going there.

Firstly, McKenna is a highly rated coach and it's likely he'll be moving on at the end of the season to bigger things. If Phillips wants to resurrect his career then McKenna is someone who can get a game out of him and then potentially take him to a bigger club in time for the World Cup.

Secondly, Phillips needs some credit for going there and giving it a go. He could've said he wanted to fight for his place but that was never going to happen realistically.

Overall, a good move and one I suspect will benefit everyone in the longer term.

so next August we are in same situation with him? fuckin hell this transfer, we really cant get rid til he is free agent...
1. do they cover all of his wages (not sure Ipswich can afford that, would make him 3-5x higher salary than next best paid Ipswich player lol, as long as he is around 150K per week)
2. any loan fee?

surely he cannot have another horrible loan spell as at WHU, he had like negative energy on him, costing them red cards, goals, matches almost every time he got on pitch then a long injury.
Why can’t you just be happy that he’s found somewhere to go and play football again and hope it works out well for him.

Kalvin’s situation is at least his fault. He was brought to the club and given to the manager who thinks he doesn’t fit the system.

Why blame anyone, not every transfer is 100% , we get far more right than other teams. This one hasn’t worked ,talking about blame is a bit daft and pointless.
Indeed.

There isn’t a single football club anywhere who gets all their transfers spot on.

Look at us down the years:
Roque Santa Cruz
Jerome Boateng
Owen Hargreaves
Matija Nastasic
Jack Rodwell
Scott Sinclair
Maicon
Eliaquim Mangala
Stevan Jovetic
The way Alvaro Negredo ended up
Wilfred Bony
Fernando
Patrick Roberts
Nolito
Benjamin Mendy
The way Joao Cancelo ended up
Buying Angeliño back and never playing him
What was the point in Ferran Torres, two good performances?
Kalvin Phillips
Mattheus Nunes has done nothing in his entire career to make me think we should have signed him for more than £5m to loan out to Girona, and he was about £55m and sits on our bench unless he comes on and just sits on the floor pretending to be hurt.

…and we’ll always continue to do the same, just like all football clubs.

Yet the amount we get right far outweighs all the shite.

A little positivity...

I'm seeing tons of comments on social media from Ipswich fans, who are genuinely thrilled that he's being linked.

Plenty of fans see him as an England level player who simply couldn't make it into the best team in world football. In the two seasons since he arrived at City, his main competition for a place has gone from being one of the best PL players, to being considered arguably the best player in the world.

They’re in for a bit of an awakening then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.