Kalvin Phillips

Who said he was our backup Rodri?

He's a SQUAD player.

You don't sign a number 6 for £45m with intentions for him to be anything other than Rodri's back up - especially when we don't have another natural DM in our squad.

If the only other defensive midfielder other than Rodri isn't his back up, what is he? A squad player that never plays (which was the case last season).

Phillips' issue is that we have versatile players who are better than him at 6, whilst playing outside of their natural position.

He isn’t good enough for us. Didn’t show anything at all last season and I’m not hopeful for this one. I’m sure if we could find someone to buy him, he would be gone.

Played some nice passes against Munich

Its hard for him because he isn't getting run of games

I hope Pep will trust him more this season.

Just for some context on our BM scouting gurus some still posting today.

“Oil tanker is faster than Rodri.
Get rid while we can.”
“Slow as piss this lad. He’ll never change”
“Plays far to slow, quicker he’s sold the better.”
“A liability as per. Surely Pep can see his glaring weakness. For fuck sake lad pass it forward “
“Hate to be harsh on a player, but Rodri is toilet and I can't believe we face another season this reliant on him. Fern's on his last legs and all we have is Rodri in that 6 role”
Rodri 21/22 was fantastic, he had lapses in concentration though

Not seen him play well once
Seen everyone else like palmer, bobb, Lewis, perrone…..even Gomez do something
But Phillips offers zero.
Positionally he seems to hide, he is never in space, it’s like he wants to stand next to opposition players so we pass to someone else
He is a mid to bottom half player West Ham or Fulham level
Overrated because of bielsa and Southgate
I could probably name 40 premier league players I’d take over him now!!

Not seen him play well once
Seen everyone else like palmer, bobb, Lewis, perrone…..even Gomez do something
But Phillips offers zero.
Positionally he seems to hide, he is never in space, it’s like he wants to stand next to opposition players so we pass to someone else
He is a mid to bottom half player West Ham or Fulham level
Overrated because of bielsa and Southgate
I could probably name 40 premier league players I’d take over him now!!

But how many of your choices would City take ?

Pre-season was a chance for him to plant his flag in the ground, and he didn't take it. Now, if he earns the chance to play by impressing Pep in training and takes that chance when it comes, he can have a future here.

Otherwise, he'll be asking for a loan move in January to rescue his chances of getting in the England squad after spending another 6 months getting splinters in his arse. That wouldn't be good for either party.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.