Kalvin Phillips

The problem is, that even if we choose one of the videos on Youtube and see the best highlights of his career, it's obvious that everything we don't like about him and the reason Pep doesn't trust him -> is visible there..

Sloppy
Unconvincing first touch
Unconvincing dribbling skills

On the other hand, great delivery of long balls and tackles - are visible there and these skills we have experienced as well during last season, but without above mentioned ones, these are not enough and if at a Leeds level he was an OK player, at City level he isn't.

So, unfortunately, shit like this happens from time to time. Same can be told about Benjamin Mendy, he had good crosses and we experienced that, but other skills weren't good enough during his period in Monaco and in City as well. Therefore, Mendy career was destined for failure, right from the beginning, even in his first game against Liverpool, he made a lot of mistakes and we were lucky..

I hope Kalvin won't be jailed :D, but other than that - he will never make it here, no matter how hard Pep tries.

Same story as Mendy's

The problem is, that even if we choose one of the videos on Youtube and see the best highlights of his career, it's obvious that everything we don't like about him and the reason Pep doesn't trust him -> is visible there..

Sloppy
Unconvincing first touch
Unconvincing dribbling skills

On the other hand, great delivery of long balls and tackles - are visible there and these skills we have experienced as well during last season, but without above mentioned ones, these are not enough and if at a Leeds level he was an OK player, at City level he isn't.

So, unfortunately, shit like this happens from time to time. Same can be told about Benjamin Mendy, he had good crosses and we experienced that, but other skills weren't good enough during his period in Monaco and in City as well. Therefore, Mendy career was destined for failure, right from the beginning, even in his first game against Liverpool, he made a lot of mistakes and we were lucky..

I hope Kalvin won't be jailed :D, but other than that - he will never make it here, no matter how hard Pep tries.

Same story as Mendy's

For me the nail in the coffin is the arrival of Paqueta, who can play as a DM and higher up as well.

Phillips is made completely redundant because he can only play one position.

Kovacic can also play his role and is better at it too.

Im sure Liverpool would snatch at a chance to sign him, they must be desparate.

For me the nail in the coffin is the arrival of Paqueta, who can play as a DM and higher up as well.

Ideally, if Kalvin was a little bit lighter, a little bit better with the ball, etc. he could still be rotated with Rodri and Stones, in this new system..

But Paqueta transfer shows that Pep will use Kovacic more as a Rodri's cover, therefore if needed, Rodri will cover for Stones - from time to time or Rico will play inverted fullback role, which means that Pep has absolutely no plans for Kalvin.

As for the Liverpool, I think they should go for him. I bet, given some confidence and stable game time, he will regain his form and at least play at a level he played year ago. So considering they will sign him for 35 and won't pay 60M or 120M, they were going to for Lavia / Caicedo, it's a good deal for the team, who has shortage of defensive midfielders and market is short with the proper options as well.

And I think Kalvin should also be pushing for that transfer as well..

Let's see

He's history to us, so a move to Merseyslime would suite them both

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.