Kamala Harris

Another loony leftie.

His first executive order as governor was to establish a DEI council. Tick!

He’s supported “gender affirming care” for children - puberty blockers and surgery. Tick!

He was governor whilst Minnesota burned during the BLM riots and refused to allow the National Guard in. Tick!

Yep he fits the bill.

So I decided to do a bit of reading, 36 pages in fact, on this DEI council. Because from your description it sounded pretty awful. Proper woke stuff!

A few examples of some of the action plans this DEI council is implementing:
> making sure government documentation is sufficiently accessible for blind people
> improving consultation with disenfranchised communities, including lower socioeconomic/working class groups, to gather feedback on how government policy would impact their community
> streamlining administration and demystifying business procurement to reduce costs and ensure the government can benefit from more small and medium business owners
> improve communication across government departments to share best practice on things like recruitment, and building practical anti-racism policies and procedures.

Horrendous! This guy should be ashamed. The whole policy document doesn’t mention trans people once!

It’s amazing what happens when you read. Opens up a whole new world of understanding.

Fair point, I should get outside.
Been there twice. Once in ‘99 with a girlfriend who was working as a journalist in Vancouver. We spent the weekend there and then went back to British Columbia. Loved it. Loved its energy and its nightlife.

Second time on my honeymoon (not with the foregoing girlfriend!)just after we’d traversed the Big Sur. Ate and drank really well. It was late November 2008, and Obama had been elected a few days before. There was a good vide going round.

When thinking about the US cities I have loved (e.g. Boston, Chicago, Philly, Nashville) I sometimes overlook SF. And that’s wrong. Based on my memories, it’s a truly wonderful and interesting city.

Just realised that Walz is the guy who started this new trend of calling Republicans weird. The MAGA crowd seem to really hate that. This interview is brilliant.

We can’t even go to Thanksgiving with our uncle, because you end up in some weird fight, it’s unnecessary… Well it’s true, these guys are just weird.

Just realised that Walz is the guy who started this new trend of calling Republicans weird. The MAGA crowd seem to really hate that. This interview is brilliant.

We can’t even go to Thanksgiving with our uncle, because you end up in some weird fight, it’s unnecessary… Well it’s true, these guys are just weird.

Well, the excitement being "palatable" isn't exactly the start I was hoping for but . . .

Another loony leftie.

His first executive order as governor was to establish a DEI council. Tick!

He’s supported “gender affirming care” for children - puberty blockers and surgery. Tick!

He was governor whilst Minnesota burned during the BLM riots and refused to allow the National Guard in. Tick!

Yep he fits the bill.
So I decided to do a bit of reading, 36 pages in fact, on this DEI council. Because from your description it sounded pretty awful. Proper woke stuff!

A few examples of some of the action plans this DEI council is implementing:
> making sure government documentation is sufficiently accessible for blind people
> improving consultation with disenfranchised communities, including lower socioeconomic/working class groups, to gather feedback on how government policy would impact their community
> streamlining administration and demystifying business procurement to reduce costs and ensure the government can benefit from more small and medium business owners
> improve communication across government departments to share best practice on things like recruitment, and building practical anti-racism policies and procedures.

Horrendous! This guy should be ashamed. The whole policy document doesn’t mention trans people once!

It’s amazing what happens when you read. Opens up a whole new world of understanding.
To add to your excellent post: Minnesota did not burn down during the BLM protests. Nor did Minneapolis. Nor did any other city or state.

I don’t even have links to support this because the claim is so ludicrously (and demonstrably) false no one even feels the need to refute it specifically.

But there are many links confirming that the claim Walz refused to allow the National Guard in as patently false, as well. Not just because the National Guard were always in Minnesota (Walz was/is literally the commander-in-chief of the Minnesota National Guard), but because he actually coommanded the National Guard (not Trump) to enter Minneapolis and St. Paul after the George Floyd protests escalated. It was the first time the National Guard had been fully mobilised in the state’s history.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.