Kaoru Mitoma

Was surprised to see he made his professional debut at 23.

But did some research on him and it's quite fascinating- if not already covered in this thread.

He chose to attend the University of Tsukuba rather than enter the professional game at 18 and it has since attracted considerable media attention that he wrote his thesis on the art of dribbling.

He could be one of the best players in the world by now if he had skipped that part. Can't say I'm as impressed with his strange career choices as everyone else seems to be. I can't fathom having that much talent and choosing to delay starting your career by four years, when you know that's over a quarter of the average top-level career.

Personally, I don't buy Brighton's portrayal as scouting geniuses. For every good signing there has been an awful one.

Why not a bit of both? There is a different kind of satisfaction when you pull an Alvarez type of deal to when you pull a Haaland one.
The Álvarez signing is very different to Mitoma, he was very highly rated.

He is more in line with the Jesus one where he had the choice of European clubs and he choose the one he wanted.

There is probably a place for these kind of signings but would probably be more CFA then City (Zin was one who crossed that bridge with success), Gomez is also a CFA signing brought into the squad through circumstances and arguably is struggling with the standard required.

I still think there are bargains to be picked up with getting the very best youngsters who are ready for the move and with selling clubs (normally getting towards the end of contract).

The signings such as Mahrez, Kante by Leicester where they see something and take a gamble that pays off, I’m not sure we can take that gamble.

He could be one of the best players in the world by now if he had skipped that part. Can't say I'm as impressed with his strange career choices as everyone else seems to be. I can't fathom having that much talent and choosing to delay starting your career by four years, when you know that's over a quarter of the average top-level career.

Personally, I don't buy Brighton's portrayal as scouting geniuses. For every good signing there has been an awful one.
Probably looking at long term career options and motivated by more than just playing football professionally,

Get what you're saying about the scouting, but you can't argue signing caicedo, trossard, white, burn, cucurella, bissouma and then possibly MacAlister and Mitoma being bought for low amounts and sold for record amounts almost every time isn't good business

I’m gonna be honest, I’m a little wary of buying from Brighton. You have to overpay and Bissouma, Cucu, and White have all underperformed relative to their fee. Whites been the best of them, but I wouldn’t say he matches the fee paid. Just don’t think the players will be as good outside the system they play

Probably looking at long term career options and motivated by more than just playing football professionally,

Get what you're saying about the scouting, but you can't argue signing caicedo, trossard, white, burn, cucurella, bissouma and then possibly MacAlister and Mitoma being bought for low amounts and sold for record amounts almost every time isn't good business
White was in our youth set up, so did not cost anything.

I’m gonna be honest, I’m a little wary of buying from Brighton. You have to overpay and Bissouma, Cucu, and White have all underperformed relative to their fee. Whites been the best of them, but I wouldn’t say he matches the fee paid. Just don’t think the players will be as good outside the system they play
Yes looking at Biss and Cucu. Also with us, they dont have the pressure than being at a big club.

The Álvarez signing is very different to Mitoma, he was very highly rated.

He is more in line with the Jesus one where he had the choice of European clubs and he choose the one he wanted.

There is probably a place for these kind of signings but would probably be more CFA then City (Zin was one who crossed that bridge with success), Gomez is also a CFA signing brought into the squad through circumstances and arguably is struggling with the standard required.

I still think there are bargains to be picked up with getting the very best youngsters who are ready for the move and with selling clubs (normally getting towards the end of contract).

The signings such as Mahrez, Kante by Leicester where they see something and take a gamble that pays off, I’m not sure we can take that gamble.
Thinking about this today, alot of talk about how well run we are, yes but we have to take the gamble on the players. Its all right fir the rags to say they could of got Caicedo for £5m, but biv clubs cant take the gamble. Thats why sometimes when they move to bigger clubs they struggle. Alot less presure at Brighton.

The awful ones were at the begining, Ali J, locardia, Andoni. So far since then we have done well.

Big clubs can’t take the gambles because there’s no playing time for these young players to develop. It’s a complete non starter for both club and player

Big clubs can’t take the gambles because there’s no playing time for these young players to develop. It’s a complete non starter for both club and player
He's 25 not a kid, agree It's a non starter though, if he was 20 everyone would be looking at him but for the money Brighton would want it would take a huge leap of faith, and would be a real gamble.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.