Karim Rekik joins PSV on loan.

Little part of me wishes i was a PSV fan watching this, must be so exciting having so many quality young dutch players playing for your team. Another great goal.

Although this game obviously has to be taken with a pinch of salt, as I have no idea what standard the opposition are, and it's only one game, but imo Karim has shown some real quality here. Classy touches on the ball, very composed. A la Nastasic, very hard to believe he's only 18 when watching.

Also a couple of cheeky step-overs strolling out of defence there! Bringing back total football?

BlueBarratt said:
Although this game obviously has to be taken with a pinch of salt, as I have no idea what standard the opposition are, and it's only one game, but imo Karim has shown some real quality here. Classy touches on the ball, very composed. A la Nastasic, very hard to believe he's only 18 when watching.

Also a couple of cheeky step-overs strolling out of defence there! Bringing back total football?

The quality of opposition was not bad, Zulte-Waregem barely lost out on the Belgian league to Anderlecht last season. A healthy playing environment is so important for a young player and Rekik has one, unlike last season where he was played out of position for the shambles known as Blackburn. This will be his "Guidetti" year hopefully - Holland is a good place to test our kids. Guidetti succeeded but Ibrahim, Boyata and Elabdellaoui failed there.

LoveCity said:
BlueBarratt said:

The quality of opposition was not bad, Zulte-Waregem barely lost out on the Belgian league to Anderlecht last season. A healthy playing environment is so important for a young player and Rekik has one, unlike last season where he was played out of position for the shambles known as Blackburn. This will be his "Guidetti" year hopefully - Holland is a good place to test our kids. Guidetti succeeded but Ibrahim, Boyata and Elabdellaoui failed there.

Hope Rekik doesn't have the bad luck that Guidetti seems to be getting regarding injuries then. A big year for him coming up, then maybe MP will integrate him into the team next year?

BlueBarratt said:
LoveCity said:
BlueBarratt said:

Hope Rekik doesn't have the bad luck that Guidetti seems to be getting regarding injuries then. A big year for him coming up, then maybe MP will integrate him into the team next year?

If he can manage to hold down a first team place at PSV, and early signs are promising on that front, then I would imagine they will definitely be looking at integrating him into the squad next year or the year after. This is probably why we are being linked with older experienced CBs like Pepe or mid-career pro's like Rami and Astori that could do a job for a couple of seasons as backup but are never likely to be a number 1 choice at CB

Important season for Karim. I hold him as our brightest prospect but Im sure many would argue that tag goes to Denis or Lopes

He joined with the expectation of being a big future talent,likened to Rijkaard...... for a couple of reasons,he seemed to stall somewhat over the past 12 months,however,by the looks of things he's rediscovered his mojo.

While,ideally,he could be taller,he does look to have a fantastic overall package of physicality,intelligence,composure and ability.

This loan is certainly elevating his reputation,hopefully more of our kids will get similar opportunities.

Obviously hope he does very well and has a Guidetti-esque loan year in his respective position. Not sure why we've been loaning Rekik out and not Suarez though.

Rekik did very well in what is a totally new and very young PSV-side. 1st time PSV is playing youngsters, esp. the ones from their academy are very rare. 3 of then youngsters are actually homegrown from the Feyenoord-academy, Rekik being one of them.

What impressed me most about Rekik last night was his abillity to stay very focussed within his task of defending-priority. 2-0 should really have been 4 or 5-0, and when it seems to be going smoothly in the CL you can get punished for missing chances. Rekik made sure Waregem didn't got a sniff.

Still very early days for Rekik (and PSV), but I agree the Dutch league is perfect for development of young players.

MotM ranking at: <a class="postlink" href="http://psv.netwerk.to/manvandewedstrijd/tussenstand.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://psv.netwerk.to/manvandewedstrijd/tussenstand.php</a>

1. Zakaria Bakkali: 34,3%
2. Karim Rekik: 21,9%
3. Jeffrey Bruma: 21,4%

Youngest PSV team ever with an average age of 21 years, with 5 players from the PSV academy (Brenet, Bakkali, Depay, Zoet and sub Locadia). They ended the match with 11 Dutch players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.