Karim Rekik joins PSV on loan.

Saw him a few times for the EDS or whatever they're called. Looked good at times, looked average at others. Hopefully playing at this higher level regularly with PSV really bring on the good side to him.

Glad to hear it. I've always thought he's one of our better prospects, very good technically and comfortable on the ball, but the fact he's been loaned out to Blackburn Rovers recently suggests the kind of level he's going to be at isn't quite the level required for this club.

Joburg Hero said:
Glad to hear it. I've always thought he's one of our better prospects, very good technically and comfortable on the ball, but the fact he's been loaned out to Blackburn Rovers recently suggests the kind of level he's going to be at isn't quite the level required for this club.
eh?? He is like eighteen, do remember that.

Joburg Hero said:

Why is that? Beckham was loaned to Preston, Joe Hart to Tranmere, Lampard to Swansea, John Terry to Forest, etc. Rekik is only 18 and has developed faster than a lot of defenders his age. Blackburn are a shambles of a club under the chicken farmers and he'll play in his proper position for PSV it looks like.

Going to play his first Champions League match for PSV tomorrow.

PSV are playing Zulte Waregem from Belgium who missed out on the league title last year thanks to a late goal from Anderlecht in a head-to-head season finisher.

Rekik has started every match so far in pre-season in central defence so there is a good chance that he will play. He was excellent when PSV beat Fenerbahce 0-2 in Turkey last week.

Joburg Hero said:

oh ffs

I think he has huge potential and 18 is no age for a central defender. A good 3 or 4 years of development before you can start to question if he has the ability to step up.

A very good choice of club and hopefully he will come back to the club and be ready to challenge.

SCF08 said:
Going to play his first Champions League match for PSV tomorrow.

PSV are playing Zulte Waregem from Belgium who missed out on the league title last year thanks to a late goal from Anderlecht in a head-to-head season finisher.

Rekik has started every match so far in pre-season in central defence so there is a good chance that he will play. He was excellent when PSV beat Fenerbahce 0-2 in Turkey last week.

Thanks mate! Lovely bit of info I had no idea of.
Will defo have an eye on that match then to see whether he starts. Very good sign for the coming season if he's a starter tomo

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.