Karim Rekik..

fatbloke said:
ColinLee said:
fatbloke said:
The club will know exactly how good he is, we will have had scouts at every single PSV game last season.

If we believe he has the potential then why not give him a chance as a fourth choice CB behind Kompany, Benatia (hopefully) and Demichillis. As a young, up and coming CB where in the world could be better to learn and develop? Pellegrini will give youth a chance, we will be going into the season with 3 top class CB's so there's no need for the drama. It's not like he's some scruffy scally off the street, he's a Dutch international who has played for PSV in the Champions League and already has a few games for us under his belt. No doubt he'll make a mistake but so did Kompany at Anfield, so did Lescott against QPR, it happens and it doesn't make them bad players.
Have you forgotten Nastastic or just disregarded him?

No not at all, however with FFP and the squad restrictions I think he might be sent out on loan to regain his form and fitness, with Rekik being classed as home grown and especially one of our club ones. It's a win win situation really because Demichillis would then be out of contract and Nastastic could drop straight back in to the squad, or if Rekik doesn't cut it he can replace him. He's too good to think about selling after just one poor season.

Do you think he would be good with going out on loan? If I was in that position I'd prefer to be sold. Think you are right though. The rumors of Nasty going to Roma makes sense if Rekik doesn't go out on loan.

I think with the foreign player situation it's quite plausible Nastasic will go out on loan for a season, with Rekik taking his place in the first team squad. I hope not though.

Ric said:
I think with the foreign player situation it's quite plausible Nastasic will go out on loan for a season, with Rekik taking his place in the first team squad. I hope not though.

Nastasic is U21 for this season for both CL and PL!

chicagoblues said:
Impressive game today.I think loan to premiere league team this season would do him good.

Preseason will be his chance to show what he's about after one year with PSV. if he's good enough, he will get his chance. If he's good enough to be given a chance, that might the moment for Pellegrini and Txiki to think about selling or loaning Nastasic. Unless the latter proves he's even better. And than (probably) Mangala still to come in ... Competition for places indeed.

With how well the young defenders from the Eredivisie have done in the world cup and given that Karim only just missed out on the squad i'd rather promote this guy than sign Mangala as the media are suggesting today.

aguero93:20 said:
With how well the young defenders from the Eredivisie have done in the world cup and given that Karim only just missed out on the squad i'd rather promote this guy than sign Mangala as the media are suggesting today.
Mangala is absolutely miles ahead of Rekik in his development and has a physicality that Rekik never will. Maybe in a couple of years Rekik can be competing with Mangala, but at the moment it's not even a competition. At best, Rekik could compete for our 4th spot with Nastasic this year, but I'm not sure he'll even be doing that. Another year on loan looks by far the best option, he's still changing physically and needs regular football to carry on his development.

Ric said:

His first few games aside though, has Nastasic really developed in the way we expected? He seems to have stood still a bit. I wouldn't mind sending him out on loan no matter what the situation with Rekik. If I'm deadly honest I wouldn't shed too many tears if we sold him to Italy for 7 figures and went with a 4 of Kompany/Mangala/Demichelis and Rekik with Denayer as a 5th for emergency. Boyata could fit in if the tealady needs a lift.

Centre back is one of those positions where we have an embarrassment of riches youth wise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.