Karim Rekik..

Neville Kneville said:
kevin1987 said:
bennyboy said:
Would he count as a home based player.If so he could be an important part of the 1st team squad next season.

Yes hes home grown. I would give him a chance. Time to put him in is now whilst his confidence is up. Same should of been done with Guidetti after his Feyenoord loan but obviously his injury destroyed any chance of that.

Put him in the first team squad ?

How about actually finding out if he's any good first ? Or does every kid who plays in the Dutch league deserve a chance of playing for City ?

The amount of bullshit spread about this kid does my head in & most of the people spreading it have clearly never seen him play. Let him PROVE himself first before relying on him to mark Luis Suarez if we pick up an injury, ffs.

Hes played a few games before and looked comfortable. May of even been out of position. I remember Mancini said he would of had no issue playing him in the derby if Clichy (may of been him) wasn't fit a few years back. I like the guy and have always rated him. Actually caught a PSV game whilst away in Holland last year and he did not look out of place at all.

He played at left back in a friendly last season maybe an option there. It will be interesting to see who of our younger players make the squad this coming year. He played in some big games in Champs league last season and did OK.

ColinLee said:
fatbloke said:
The club will know exactly how good he is, we will have had scouts at every single PSV game last season.

If we believe he has the potential then why not give him a chance as a fourth choice CB behind Kompany, Benatia (hopefully) and Demichillis. As a young, up and coming CB where in the world could be better to learn and develop? Pellegrini will give youth a chance, we will be going into the season with 3 top class CB's so there's no need for the drama. It's not like he's some scruffy scally off the street, he's a Dutch international who has played for PSV in the Champions League and already has a few games for us under his belt. No doubt he'll make a mistake but so did Kompany at Anfield, so did Lescott against QPR, it happens and it doesn't make them bad players.
Have you forgotten Nastastic or just disregarded him?

No not at all, however with FFP and the squad restrictions I think he might be sent out on loan to regain his form and fitness, with Rekik being classed as home grown and especially one of our club ones. It's a win win situation really because Demichillis would then be out of contract and Nastastic could drop straight back in to the squad, or if Rekik doesn't cut it he can replace him. He's too good to think about selling after just one poor season.

saw him play for the holland u21's the other day and he looked decent....although it was only against scotland...

littlemarkyc said:
saw him play for the holland u21's the other day and he looked decent....although it was only against scotland...
Scored as well, didn't he?

Club trained?

How many years does he need to be at the club further to be counted as homegrown, club trained? From what I remember he has been at the club for only a year before going on loan for consecutive years, which means that if City intend for him to fill the 4 club trained slots in the future, he will have to come back this year.

Re: Club trained?

bluechampion7891 said:
How many years does he need to be at the club further to be counted as homegrown, club trained? From what I remember he has been at the club for only a year before going on loan for consecutive years, which means that if City intend for him to fill the 4 club trained slots in the future, he will have to come back this year.
He's been registered as a City player since 11/12, That's 3 seasons between the ages of 17 and 20, he's already Club trained and homegrown, still counts as a City player while on loan.

kevin1987 said:
Neville Kneville said:
kevin1987 said:
Yes hes home grown. I would give him a chance. Time to put him in is now whilst his confidence is up. Same should of been done with Guidetti after his Feyenoord loan but obviously his injury destroyed any chance of that.

Put him in the first team squad ?

How about actually finding out if he's any good first ? Or does every kid who plays in the Dutch league deserve a chance of playing for City ?

The amount of bullshit spread about this kid does my head in & most of the people spreading it have clearly never seen him play. Let him PROVE himself first before relying on him to mark Luis Suarez if we pick up an injury, ffs.

Hes played a few games before and looked comfortable. May of even been out of position. I remember Mancini said he would of had no issue playing him in the derby if Clichy (may of been him) wasn't fit a few years back. I like the guy and have always rated him. Actually caught a PSV game whilst away in Holland last year and he did not look out of place at all.

He did quite well filling in at left back & did very well on loan on the left side by all accounts, but was then dogshit for Blackburn at centre back & terrible there for City post season, really truly as bad as it gets

He's deservedly holding down a place in the PSV team now, but so is the much maligned Bruma, who is often outperforming him. There are plenty of young kids playing in Holland, some doing very well. It doesn't equate to being thrown into the Premier League.

He is a cultured footballer, as he showed in the U21 game v Scotland, but he is also s.l.o.w. & almost gave away a pen because of having to last ditch tackle somw wheezing no mark, when his partner gave the ball away. Any of the current City cbs, even Demichelis, would be there two yards earlier.

This is something he has to figure out if he is to play for City, as we often leave our two centre backs totally exposed. If we play Rekik in this system, he is likely to get absolutely crucified & I'll end up being the one on here saying 'give the lad a break' when the pitchforks & torches come out.

Ronald Koemann at his best would really struggle to play in this current City team, against the pace of modern day strikers.

If we do want to give Rekik the best chance, we should let him learn his trade imo.

aguero93:20 said:
bluechampion7891 said:
He's been registered as a City player since 11/12, That's 3 seasons between the ages of 17 and 20, he's already Club trained and homegrown, still counts as a City player while on loan.

Interesting, I didn't know that. But maybe that's because football manager doesn't work that way

bluechampion7891 said:
aguero93:20 said:
bluechampion7891 said:

Interesting, I didn't know that. But maybe that's because football manager doesn't work that way
:) If you didn't count as registered while on loan the top clubs wouldn't have many CT players, if any at all, even top notch players like Silva and nailed on future first teamers like Wilshire and Terry have spent time on loan away from their parent clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.