Katie Hopkins suspended from Twitter

When speaking your mind equates to hate, spite and stirring tension amongst people then you don’t deserve that right anymore.

That's the Labour front bench pretty much done for then. Hopkins is beyond the pale but for that Riley woman to have a sit down talk and suggest that people she doesn't agree with get banned is a bit rich. I prefer to see my enemy in full sight and allow the public to decide.

That's the Labour front bench pretty much done for then. Hopkins is beyond the pale but for that Riley woman to have a sit down talk and suggest that people she doesn't agree with get banned is a bit rich. I prefer to see my enemy in full sight and allow the public to decide.
Not sure if it just applies to labour but that’s by the by.
The rational amongst the public have long since decided that Hopkins is a ****, nice to see something finally being done.

The rational amongst the public have long since decided that Hopkins is a ****, nice to see something finally being done.

I agree that she needs a rocket up her arse that's a given she's vile. But for a z list sleb to sit down and take credit for getting someone banned is something we all should be worried about.

When speaking your mind equates to hate, spite and stirring tension amongst people then you don’t deserve that right anymore.

Spoken like a true liberal.

Who decides then? I don't trust you to decide what I can and can't say. How about we just defend one of our most precious rights and allow people to speak freely? That might mean that people will hear things they don't agree with but they are free to counter with arguments.

You can't revoke a right. Your are confusing rights and privileges (which can be revoked as they were assigned - usually by a higher authority).

Let's hope you never inadvertently say something that Rachel Riley disagrees with.

I agree that she needs a rocket up her arse that's a given she's vile. But for a z list sleb to sit down and take credit for getting someone banned is something we all should be worried about.
I didn’t even know who she was. Not seen countdown since Richard Whitely was presenter.

Who decides then? I don't trust you to decide what I can and can't say. How about we just defend one of our most precious rights and allow people to speak freely? That might mean that people will hear things they don't agree with but they are free to counter with arguments.

You can't revoke a right. Your are confusing rights and privileges (which can be revoked as they were assigned - usually by a higher authority).
I have a simple rule of thumb.
Don’t be a **** and call out a **** when you see/hear them.
Probably why I respond to your posts.

No rights have been revoked for Hopkins that she hasn't agreed to cede to someone else's judgement when signing up to twitter.

It's not an inalienable right when it's on a company's own website; it's only a right as far as the company terms of use allow it; if those terms, which have been signed up to, grant them the right to ban an account, then the account user has agreed voluntarily to give up that right.

If someone wants free use, they can set up up their own website and do it there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.