Kazimierz Deyna

Dyed Petya said:
Kevcod said:
Didn't we pay for him in kits and equipment or is that an old wives tale?

I think his team in Poland were the Army's club, weren't they?

Yes, you're right, he played for Legia Warsaw, the Polish army team at the time. And according to Peter Swales, we paid for him at least in part by having typewriters and other office equipment sent out there.

And sadly they are probably still using them bwahahahahahahahaha

Chicago blue please tell me your not the enigma who the observer in 2001 described as english footballs greatest flop? Which in turn would make you city's biggest? Come on down steve daley.

NICKS BACK said:
Dyed Petya said:
Yes, you're right, he played for Legia Warsaw, the Polish army team at the time. And according to Peter Swales, we paid for him at least in part by having typewriters and other office equipment sent out there.

And sadly they are probably still using them bwahahahahahahahaha
It was sports equipment too, training gear and all sorts, it was one of the most difficult transfers of that decade simply because it was run by communism at the time. I think they talk about it it "City" the documentary which you can find on ebay or youtube.

Don't think he knew much about football if he thought Kaz was better than the King. No comparison there - and i've seen nearly every game either played for City.

thelegde said:
Don't think he knew much about football if he thought Kaz was better than the King. No comparison there - and i've seen nearly every game either played for City.
He was coming into the twilight of his career when he came to City to be fair I think he was talking about when he was at his prime, not when he was at City taking his final pay day.

Well just over 20 years ago that Kazimierz Deyna was killed in a car crash. From what I remember he was a great player. I think he cost a bit of money and some training equipment and a few video recorders.

Check him out here. <a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazimierz_Deyna" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazimierz_Deyna</a>

RIP Kazi

Yes, a great player and I was fortunate enough to see him play.

I was at the league game (if my memory serves me correct) when we beat Forest (when they were the bogs dollocks) 1-0 and Deyna scored a great freekick in the south stand end at Maine Road.

A really great player, very understated IMO.

scorer said:
Yes, a great player and I was fortunate enough to see him play.

I was at the league game (if my memory serves me correct) when we beat Forest (when they were the bogs dollocks) 1-0 and Deyna scored a great freekick in the south stand end at Maine Road.

A really great player, very understated IMO.

Think you mean the NORTH Stand end of Maine Road , don't you 'scorer'?

I remember that Forest game vaguely ..... i seem to remember Deyna scoring from an angle fairly close in , but i thought someone played him in for it ..... are you sure it was a free kick?

Kaz scored a beauty at Leeds to win the match 2-1. Jinked inside a defender and hit it with his right foot from 20 yards all in one quick movement - a bit like Ali B's first goal at Sheff Wednesday. Pity we got him so late in his career, genuine quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.