Kazimierz Deyna

Good to hear him mentioned.

Very underestimated and under-mentioned ex blue.

I used to be Deyna when playing over the park in younger days.

RIP

black mamba said:
scorer said:
Yes, a great player and I was fortunate enough to see him play.

I was at the league game (if my memory serves me correct) when we beat Forest (when they were the bogs dollocks) 1-0 and Deyna scored a great freekick in the south stand end at Maine Road.

A really great player, very understated IMO.

Think you mean the NORTH Stand end of Maine Road , don't you 'scorer'?

I remember that Forest game vaguely ..... i seem to remember Deyna scoring from an angle fairly close in , but i thought someone played him in for it ..... are you sure it was a free kick?

Yes, it was at the North Stand, remember it well. I was stood in that corner of Kippax. The ball was played through to him, he took a touch then rammed it home. The reason I recall it so clearly is that I missed winning the Golden Goal competition that day by 2 seconds (the closest I ever came to it) and couldn't help thinking if he'd hit it first time I might have made a few bob.

He was a great player is his prime, maybe a little past his best when he joined us but the class still showed. Read recently (in Joe Corrigan's biography I think) that we paid Kaziu a pittance compared to other players in the squad. This was before agents were on the scene and we could get away with it, but its a shame we took advantage.

Yes i remember the forest winner, but he did score a low free kick in the north stand, but i cannot remember who that one was against. It was another 1-o win.

Yes i remember the forest winner, but he did score a low free kick in the north stand, but i cannot remember who that one was against. It was another 1-o win.

Ooops, sorry for repeating myself.The freekick goal was against middlesboro which was in the game before the forest match. Both 1-0 wins for city.

thanks for posting! didnt go to Germany, but remember seeing the goal on tv and thinking brilliant! Goals like that are scored pretty regularly nowadays, but back then, it really was a goal of the month contender! :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.