Kazimierz Deyna

black mamba said:
scorer said:
Yes, a great player and I was fortunate enough to see him play.

I was at the league game (if my memory serves me correct) when we beat Forest (when they were the bogs dollocks) 1-0 and Deyna scored a great freekick in the south stand end at Maine Road.

A really great player, very understated IMO.

Think you mean the NORTH Stand end of Maine Road , don't you 'scorer'?

I remeber that Forest game vaguely ..... i seem to remember Deyna scoring from an angle fairly close in , but i thought someone played him in for it ..... are you sure it was a free kick?

Well, if I cant remember the difference between North and South there is no hope.... I was about 17/18...

I may be getting it confused with a TF free kick a couple of years later... oh my memory!!

one of the best i have seen, he did an outrageous dummy on Shilton and left him fumbling in the mud.............

a legend when he came in 78, more skill than Kinky and ali bernabia.....

took Poland to 3 in a world cup and is our last legitamate scorer in Europe

I think it was Tampa bay he went and played for, after he left City I met him in St Petersburg fa USA and he was coaching a team out there, the ship played against them. It was a long time ago but he had all the time in the world that night we met a very nice man indeed, also a great player.

Yes R.I.P. Kaza

I went to the friendly in Warsaw (against Legia), which was part of the deal when we signed him.

2-2, with Deyna playing one half for each team.

R.I.P.

one of the few players who shone during big mals ill fated second spell , i used to play football on saturdays in those days - one of the ones i missed was the aforementioned forest(who were the best team in europe at the time ) game, i believe denya ran them ragged - i did manage to have an "injury" for the derby game at maine road a few weeks later , denya was superb again in a 2-0 victory .

it was north stand against forest? wasn't a free kick/ he rounded big larry lloyd n smashed it low to shilton's left? i think????? f--k me its fading fast f------g hate old age?
scorer said:
Yes, a great player and I was fortunate enough to see him play.

I was at the league game (if my memory serves me correct) when we beat Forest (when they were the bogs dollocks) 1-0 and Deyna scored a great free kick in the south stand end at Maine Road.

A really great player, very understated IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.