KDB or David Silva?

This is a tricky one, I dont ever recall Silva having a bad game, where there’s been times I’ve thought Kev needs subbing (usually games where his radar is a bit off) but then again maybe I’m looking back through Rose tinted specs.
I think they are both legends though.

Silva had at least a bad season, if not longer where he was carrying and playing with an ankle injury. Many were saying it was the end but he did come back strong.

FWIW Silva was exceptionally graceful in midfield but KDB is a game changer for us and changed the outcome of games and leagues, single handed at times.

Although that is not to say KDB hasn’t had a few poor games when he blatantly has. You can tell when he’s leggy and he gives the ball away by attempting and failing at the almost impossible pass. But when he’s on his game, I’d say he’s a more influential player

Imagine Silva in gundogans position now in this new system of two sixes and two eights feeding Haaland it’s would suit his style down to a tee.

Stones Rodri
Bernardo KDB Silva grealish
Haaland

The best City player all time is very questionable, I'm sure fans even older than I will be smiling and thinking Peter Doherty. I'll wait until he's done too answer wether he's the best of his era simply because he ain't done yet.

I didn't think I would say this after David Silva, but KDB is just maybe a bit better than David Silva because he is more effective. This could be because Kevin De Bruyne is a more direct player than Silva was. Simply put, David Silva was better to watch because what he did under the heading of football was not just football, it was art. The man was a wizard. The way he touched the ball and the way he drove the ball was the height of wonder. KDB, on the other hand, is a different type of player. They were both simply phenomenal players and were at a similar level, so it's hard to decide. But if I have to choose which one is more effective, it might be KDB.

KDB drifts in an out games and adds mainly to the effectiveness of the attack.
David Silva affected the whole game at City. We can be just as effective without KDB, but when David Silva was missing, it tended to have a wider impact on the team.

It's all about longevity when taking Silva and De Bruyne. In my opinion, Silva was far more consistent than De Bruyne. Neither comes near Colin Bell.

Purely in terms of the best player, while it may have only been one truly great season, I've never seen a better footballer at City over 62 years than Yaya Toure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.