KDB or David Silva?

In terms of goal contributions nobody is going to get close to Kev unless Erling stays another 5-7 years. Including many crucial goals.

But in terms of controlling games, Silva was a titan. Everything was done to the beat of the tempo he set. He probably gave the ball away about 5 times in 10 years (exaggerating obviously). Silva also gets bonus points for his adaptability, winning titles as the first name on the team sheet under three very different managers.

I think it’s still David. But I don’t blame people for starting to think Kev is surpassing him.

I never saw Colin Bell live but I’m sure many will suggest he makes up the top 3.

David Silva is the best footballer I have seen since 1970. I will never ever ever ever ever ever forget his dedication to this football club whilst his child was fighting for life. No player ever will ever come close to him for his dedication. Flying between Spain and Manchester. I watched Colin play, but David to me was something special..

Kevin is so good but some of you lot by playing short and doing his hair to the left , Kevin is so much better than some geezer who was ok , but come now boy’s please don’t be stupid it’s embarrassing , I actually think some of you know football but you are comparing probably the best player we had to some guy who played left and right and if possible backwards

Kevin is so good but some of you lot by playing short and doing his hair to the left , Kevin is so much better than some geezer who was ok , but come now boy’s please don’t be stupid it’s embarrassing , I actually think some of you know football but you are comparing probably the best player we had to some guy who played left and right and if possible backwards
What the fuck are you on about?

KDB is at his best on fast transitions of play.

Silva was at his best for pirouettes and unlocking tight spaces around the opponent's penalty area.

Still Dave for me. The best tempo player the prem has ever seen. Controlled games on his own.

KDB is close and will surpass him in the coming years I hope.

Both world class, which as a blue, is fantastic to say.

This below doesn't answer the question and is just one side to the story. Pretty sure there isn't a similar one though about how great Kinkladze was at 37 though unfortunately... :-/

It's a good read.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.