KDB or David Silva?

D. Silva is still the GOAT for me just because of the way he was able to play the game with such ease and grace. KDB can do a bit of everything though but is a little more athletic which gives him a natural advantage that merlin didn't have, bit like Messi and Ronaldo in a sense.

Whatever your preference they will both go down as the greatest two to have ever worn the famous blue, get the statue man on notice!

Silva for me. Purely because in that team they both played in we missed Dave in the team more than we missed KDB when either were injured.

Quite simply has KDB surpassed Dave as the best city player of all time? Be interested to get others takes but for me dave is still the best I’ve ever seen but kdb is getting closer
A young David silva in this team would be unbelievable. Kdb edges it when it comes to the killer pass but isn’t on the same level as an all round player. Silva was for me, the greatest player to ever play in the premier league never mind City.

Should also add Yaya, totally unplayable for a couple of seasons.

Last edited:
He was a better player than David Silva while Silva was still at the club.

To be honest I’ve never thought David Silva was ever the greatest player we’ve had. He’s by far the most consistent, he pretty much never had a bad game, he was 7-9 out of 10 nearly every week.

But Silva never reached the top levels that Yaya, Agüero and de Bruyne could get to. While Silva was the man who made the whole team tick, I don’t think he was ever a 10/10 player or the big game match winner - and that’s not just about goals or even assists, but about dominating matches. All three of those others are/were less consistent than DSilva but their best was/is higher than Silva’s.

Unfortunately, David never really did it in the CL neither. I don’t remember him dominating against anyone in Europe. Again he never had a bad game but he was never the man in any game. Whereas de Bruyne has had numerous MOTM and match winning performances in Europe as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was a better player than David Silva while Silva was still at the club.

To be honest I’ve never thought David Silva was ever the greatest player we’ve had. He’s by far the most consistent, he pretty much never had a bad game, he was 7-9 out of 10 nearly every week.

But Silva never reached the top levels that Yaya, Agüero and de Bruyne could get to. While Silva was the man who made the whole team tick, I don’t think he was ever a 10/10 player or the big game match winner - and that’s not just about goals or even assists, but about dominating matches. All three of those others are/were less consistent than DSilva but their best was/is higher than Silva’s.

Unfortunately, David never really did it in the CL neither. I don’t remember him dominating against anyone in Europe. Again he never had a bad game but he was never the man in any game. Whereas de Bruyne has had numerous MOTM and match winning performances in Europe as well.

Agreed. Silva wasn't my number one beforehand either it was Sergio. First player that we signed that I thought 'wow'. Such a shame he missed so many games through injury. Just looked and in 10 seasons with us he only played over 30 games in the league on 4 occasions. Unbelievable player and a goal every 108 minutes. Unparalleled stats until the Norwegian freak came along.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.