KDB's Pace

He doesn't waste a stride because his control is so good. He glides across the pitch without worrying where the ball is. I'm sick as a dog for him missing so much of the season because we'd have cleaned up this year and he'd have been walking away with every award going with Vardy, Kante and the rest just a footnote.

It used to be that way but got changed recently as a matter of policy.

Classic example is Nasri Back in Training... He's been playing full tilt FFS.

No problem with experimenting but the player thread format was patently superior to this.

Player-topics are easier to read and find then different topics for one player.

Not so much pace as the fact that he has a long stride, covers a lot of ground without expending a lot of energy
made this point a few months ago..he is deceptively quick, as in the style of chris waddle, who always appeared knackered , but when the mood took him , was a powerful runner with the ball at his feet...kdb is a great runner off the ball and with the ball.a great player.

To quote the late great Johan Cruyff.

The sports press often confuses speed with insight. See, if I start running slightly earlier than someone else, I seem faster.

De Bruyne is not lightning, he is decently fast - but his reading of the game and the timing of his runs makes you think he's faster.

That Cruyff knew what he was talking about didn't he! Spot on!

To quote the late great Johan Cruyff.

The sports press often confuses speed with insight. See, if I start running slightly earlier than someone else, I seem faster.

De Bruyne is not lightning, he is decently fast - but his reading of the game and the timing of his runs makes you think he's faster.
Fantastic quote which really sums up KDB. Not blessed with explosive speed like Raheem, but he reads the game on a different level to the vast amount of players. Only an elite level of players judge the play like KDB can.

Fantastic quote which really sums up KDB. Not blessed with explosive speed like Raheem, but he reads the game on a different level to the vast amount of players. Only an elite level of players judge the play like KDB can.
Yes, it's like they can stop the time, look around , and play :-).

I remember him,in the last WC,& if i said he played the same or even slightly better than on Saturday would be very close.
This lad will be talked about like some off the greats off the game..(Gerry Creaney)lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.