KDB's Pace

I hope he brings Belgium a trophy or 2 as well, truly cement himself as this generation's Zidane!

He is still in the running for this year even. If City somehow manage to win CL and he takes Belgium far in the Euro's he could be a contender this year.

Belgian here, yes please to the trophies. :)

And as for Zidane, as much as it sounds like blasphemy i think KDB is already better.
A few stats:

Zidane for Juve: 197 games played, 29 goals and 24 assists. 0.27 G+A per game.
Zidane for Real: 227 games played, 49 goals and 46 assists. 0.41 G+A per game.
KDB for Wolfsburg: 73 games played, 20 goals and 37 assists. 0.78 G+A per game.
KDB for City: 36 games played, 15 goals and 14 assists. 0.80 G+A per game.

Meanwhile KDB was played out of position for most of his City career and he's still getting better. I think Zidane was pretty inconsistent, but he would show up in the big games.

Vision will give you a headstart always, simple as that. KdB pass to himself that set up our 2nd goal was as classy as it was simple. All about vision.
And more, the guy has a good brain. Now think back to Balotelli when he was that old .

If Pep could manage to "cut out" some of the sloppiness and temporary switching off, he'll be an absolute worldbeater. Not sure if that's possible though, I think it's a bit inherent to him as a person.

And as for Zidane, as much as it sounds like blasphemy i think KDB is already better.

It is much worse than blasphemy, it is elemental sacrilege.
As much as i already love our Kevin, he will never reach Zidane's height, period.
Statistics and numbers aren't enough to describe how many galaxys above Zidane lives ( and his fellow mates Ronaldo Luis Nazario and Maradona), real legends, a league of their own.
Just look at that clip bellow and ask yourself honestly how can you expect Kevin to reach that level of godlike awesomeness :

It is much worse than blasphemy, it is elemental sacrilege.
As much as i already love our Kevin, he will never reach Zidane's height, period.
Statistics and numbers aren't enough to describe how many galaxys above Zidane lives ( and his fellow mates Ronaldo Luis Nazario and Maradona), real legends, a league of their own.
Just look at that clip bellow and ask yourself honestly how can you expect Kevin to reach that level of godlike awesomeness :

Football has changed, and honestly, apart from a bunch of flashy mini football moves (which often ended up in loss of posession in the end) i'm not seeing much beyond the skillset of Debruyne. In fact, Debruyne will usually take the more straight-forward approach. If you like showboating, i guess you could see such as "inferior".

(which often ended up in loss of posession in the end)

I stopped reading after this.
If there is one thing Zidane is acknowledged for, it is his unequaled ability to keep possession of the ball, no matter if you doubled or tripled on him.

Last edited:
Yes Zidane had a great carreer achievement.

We don't know how far Debruyne can progress, he's still young. Debruyne imho visibly improved on his skills here at city from the time he started, he's been impressive in out games and important games too now. At this age in his carreer his skills already look very impressive and he will have top quality guidance too.

Looked really tired in the second half. Unfortunately for him, he'll probably have to start again on the weekend. Same with Kun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.