keeping your mouth shut....

glen quagmire said:
stony said:
glen quagmire said:
It was a van!!!!!

Ahh, that might be why you got done for speeding. I remember one of our lads getting done on the A1 about 20 years ago and he thought the speed limit was 70 and the copper said it was 60 for a van. What weight is it ?

Long wheel base transit.

Sexy fucker..

stony said:
glen quagmire said:
Did you know that it is 60mph on there? I honestly thought it was 70.

It says national speed limit in most places then in others there are signs for 70, so with that in mind I thought the limit was 60.
National speed limit is 70 on dual carriageways is it not?

Is this road single or dual?

SWP's back said:
stony said:
glen quagmire said:

It says national speed limit in most places then in others there are signs for 70, so with that in mind I thought the limit was 60.

Dual mate, that's what threw him i think..

who in their right chuffin mind, would want to set foot in north wales anyway? one fuckin arse of a place, rather go to kinshasa.

SWP's back said:
stony said:
glen quagmire said:

It's dual and I always thought the National speed limit was 70 on dual and 60 on single. A55 is duel but in some places has a national speed limit sign and then a sign for 70 after it.
It's probably because he was in a van but tbh I don't keep up with all the rules for different weights etc, since I let my LGV licence run out.

Glen, there's quite a bit of ambiguity regarding the speed limit on the A55 mate, look up the speed limit on there and you will see it has different signs at points, some 70, some NSL, the actual official speed limit seems to be shrouded in mystery.
May be worth you having a read up on it and see how your case fits.

Dual carriageway with a central reservation, is 70mph. That speed is for vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes in weight, which is what your van is. I can't understand why he is telling you its 60 when there is national speed limit signs every 400 fucking yards?

Dirty Harry said:
Glen, there's quite a bit of ambiguity regarding the speed limit on the A55 mate, look up the speed limit on there and you will see it has different signs at points, some 70, some NSL, the actual official speed limit seems to be shrouded in mystery.

Not MY case mate, as i wasn't driving, but should've been! I just thought i'd share that due to my arguing about the wales thing, he was still there to see my mate driving off to the station with no seatbelt.........

Dirty Harry said:

He paused and tried to explain about the A 55 being 60mph unless stated and said he'd being doing 88mph

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.