Keir Starmer

Not bad.

Light on detail and swerved our relationship with Europe, but for a poor orator I thought he did well.

This might well be his last conference speech before the election, so he was speaking more to the country than to the hall.

He may not be my cup of tea, but I could imagine a lot of floating voters liking it and that's who he was appealing to.

Against my better judgement I'm hoping he proves me wrong, and he really can pull us out of the shitter.
Personally, I find him dull but for me, at the moment, I think it’s the exact thing we need. Also, as a whole I quite like the shadow cabinet and would take any of them over the cunts we have in at the moment.

Personally, I find him dull but for me, at the moment, I think it’s the exact thing we need. Also, as a whole I quite like the shadow cabinet and would take any of them over the cunts we have in at the moment.

Not being the Tories is a hell of a lot of political capital for any incoming Labour government, not being these Tories is a veritable fortune! I hope they spend it well.

I’m not sure if you are saying it was good or bad but for me I quite enjoyed it and his promises really did hit the spot.

Glad to see somebody acting statesman like and tell it how it really is. Will be glad when he’s in the chair and all this madness is in the past.

Lots of work to do, mind.
I thought it was good. As you say the promises did it for me. I’m one of the ‘lucky’ pensioners in that I don’t just rely on State Pension plus I have a doctor who is available and talks to me and has time. But I have friends who struggle on both fronts, young and old.
He got a good reception as well from the rank and file as well as some of the institutions etc.
Although it wouldn’t make any difference in my constituency I’ll be voting Labour. (Barbara Keeley Eccles and Worsley)

I thought it was good. As you say the promises did it for me. I’m one of the ‘lucky’ pensioners in that I don’t just rely on State Pension plus I have a doctor who is available and talks to me and has time. But I have friends who struggle on both fronts, young and old.
He got a good reception as well from the rank and file as well as some of the institutions etc.
Although it wouldn’t make any difference in my constituency I’ll be voting Labour. (Barbara Keeley Eccles and Worsley)
Every vote counts and one for her is one well spent.

Every vote counts and one for her is one well spent.
To be honest I’ve voted for her since she took over the ‘new’ constituency of Worsley and Eccles South. Before that I was a great admirer of Joan Lester and voted for her when we were our rightful constituency of Eccles. Then Ian Stewart but the Labour Party got rid of him. (He was Mayor of Salford after that.

I'd love to find out just how it was possible to buy a Track & Trace system that cost so much and delivered so little
There must be a big pot of potential claw-back money there

The funny thing is the UK govt was offered a system for free. They knocked it back. The US govt used it via the CDC and it worked well. How do I know? I was involved in setting it up.
The biggest waste of money by the UK govt spunked on consultants writing absolute shit that didn’t work. Don’t get me started on the massive fraud on the handouts that vanished.

Also, as a whole I quite like the shadow cabinet
Apart from Angela Raynor most would sit quite comfortably in a one nation Tory cabinet especially the cunts Reeves and Streeting.

What we have is a Labour party that will not challenge the status quo, will not be much different to what we have now, maybe a kinder face and that is it. Right wing think tanks like the Adam Smith institute liked it and even the Guardian,
bastion of middle class liberalism liked it.

As @domalino pointed out, i do not like Starmer, today he had a chance to change my mind and he failed, the Labour party has failed to change my mind because if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck .......

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.