Keir Starmer

Kinnell ! I'm not getting involved with you, you'd be psychoanalysing me in no time.

View attachment 121969

You're pretty safe. I was more in the business of advising you if the bailiffs were knocking on the door, or you'd been refused benefits.

I knew when to nod my head, and could probably help you continue if you burst into tears mid-interview, but nothing deeper than that ;)

What did he actually say though that demonstrates he gave a fuck? The poor girl was left hanging and the lady on the left was the one talking to her at the end because Starmer had fuck all to say. Embarrassing but you keep digging that hole and defending him.

Isn't the lady on the left her mum/guardian? She reminds her to talk about the 'treats' and the kid replies that it's good that her and (Ellie?) both work, which suggests it's their home life she's talking about. Clearly the women isn't talking to her because Starmer isn't, she's prompting her because she knows the girl, and knows she had more she wanted to say.

He owned a company. He was not some factory worker as Starmer portrays. It’s somewhat dishonest given he likes to peddle this line about his dad being a toolmaker.

Maybe let’s flip this around, Sunak’s mum owned a pharmacy so would it convey the full story to describe her as working in a pharmacy?
Good grief. Give it a rest.

Stihl, Stanley, Spear and Jackson, Black and Decker, Bosch...

No, just checked in B and Q, no Starmer Tools.

Plenty of Tory tools here.

What did he actually say though that demonstrates he gave a fuck? The poor girl was left hanging and the lady on the left was the one talking to her at the end because Starmer had fuck all to say. Embarrassing but you keep digging that hole and defending him.
"Listen kid, until the workers take control of the means of production, or your Ukrainian friend at school can go home, heating your home is going to be expensive. Now try talking to Tory tossers who'll send your mum to learn how to live on 30p a day."

I’m not defending him or attacking him. It was an innocuous exchange with a slightly awkward 3 second pause in talking. Big fucking deal.

The fact that you agree with the bloke who said it was the most disgusting thing he’s ever seen from a politician is frankly bizarre.

I've taught communication skills for people who deal with clients who are describing problems in their life, and taught about how to empathise or sympathise with them. I also have plenty of friends who are psychiatrists and counsellors, and for a nervous child, telling a story which makes them laugh and feel more comfortable about what they're saying, is absolutely what I'd expect someone to do if they're trying to show an interest.

The clip is headlined with the quote about 'treats', which she doesn't even say till the end, so we don't get to see what he actually says. He may be picking up on her body language, but then given it's a clear photo op, and the kid is being prompted by her mum, my cynical side would suggest that he knows full well she's not finished asking her question.

So in your professional capacity do you think that he empathised or sympathised with the girl? Is cutting across a child who is talking a communication skill you would teach?

"Listen kid, until the workers take control of the means of production, or your Ukrainian friend at school can go home, heating your home is going to be expensive. Now try talking to Tory tossers who'll send your mum to learn how to live on 30p a day."

A simple “you’re not alone and I do know things are really hard at the minute and I really want to be able to change that for you and people like you” just feels a little better than “my 6ft 1 lad won’t fit in a onesie” or whatever words to that effect he mumbled.

I’m not defending him or attacking him. It was an innocuous exchange with a slightly awkward 3 second pause in talking. Big fucking deal.

The fact that you agree with the bloke who said it was the most disgusting thing he’s ever seen from a politician is frankly bizarre.

I didn’t agree with him. I merely posted it as that’s where I saw it on Twitter. I said he was a ****, because in this case he was a ****.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.