Keir Starmer

I’ve got very mixed feelings about him.

I think he’s a boring ****, and I wouldn’t be remotely inclined to know him socially if we worked together; and his incantation about being a barrister from working class roots is tedious. I know certain..ahem…counsel whose fathers are more demonstrably working class than his, who don’t drone on about it. I’ll also hazard the barrister I’m thinking of is a better advocate than Starmer was, or ever will be.

But I think he’s ultimately a decent person; in what is a complex and wicked world, and I think he’ll be more radical than many expect. And I think he’ll generally make the right decisions, which is ultimately the most important feature in a PM. Think he could be a really good PM.

So, I think he deserves a chance, because we don’t live in a perfect world. Sadly. But we don’t.
I voted for him to be leader, I hoped he would continue the partys more spcially consious move to being for the people again , though with an electable restraint.

Then he brought mandelson back into the fold and I quit the party, local campaigning and leafleting (which I have dine since my teens) and won't vote nationally for them, allowing Akehurst to wield such power on the NEC also tipped my decision that Starmer isn't a leader I can trust.

My councilors amd Burnham get my vote but the PLP can fuck off.

Edit: also boundry changes means my Labour choice was forcefully changed from Azfal Khan who tbf I was strongly considering voting for despite starmer, but I have had Andrew Gwyne forced upon me and that fella isn't getting my vote

Last edited:
I’ve got very mixed feelings about him.

I think he’s a boring ****, and I wouldn’t be remotely inclined to know him socially if we worked together; and his incantation about being a barrister from working class roots is tedious. I know certain..ahem…counsel whose fathers are more demonstrably working class than his, who don’t drone on about it. I’ll also hazard the barrister I’m thinking of is a better advocate than Starmer was, or ever will be.

But I think he’s ultimately a decent person; in what is a complex and wicked world, and I think he’ll be more radical than many expect. And I think he’ll generally make the right decisions, which is ultimately the most important feature in a PM. Think he could be a really good PM.

So, I think he deserves a chance, because we don’t live in a perfect world. Sadly. But we don’t.

Good post. I hope he’s got you signed up to write his epitaph, maybe use platitudinous rather than boring **** however. It’s less frowned upon.

Keith Stalin all over the bumph from Lillian Greenwood.

Fuck all about local issues just Keith on the front with change written on it and a couple of pledges on the back.

Be boring in the right way and we'll feel better in the next 5 years.
No flag?

Sick of the sight of the **** with the amount of bumph that has passed through our office over the last month. There was even a Tory one this week with his mugshot plastered all over it.

Some cracking independent material to make up for the dreariness ...... all sorts of oddballs.

No flag?

Sick of the sight of the **** with the amount of bumph that has passed through our office over the last month. There was even a Tory one this week with his mugshot plastered all over it.

Some cracking independent material to make up for the dreariness ...... all sorts of oddballs.
The workers party one also had Galloway plastered over it more than the candidate who comes across as very level headed in comparison. She's a lefty lawyer.

Keith Stalin all over the bumph from Lillian Greenwood.

Fuck all about local issues just Keith on the front with change written on it and a couple of pledges on the back.

Be boring in the right way and we'll feel better in the next 5 years.
She'll have been directed to stick with the non specific corporate branding because the only change in reality will be the suit in number 10. Are the pledges two of the 10 he made to blag the party leadership or new lies?

The workers party one also had Galloway plastered over it more than the candidate who comes across as very level headed in comparison. She's a lefty lawyer.
Lefty lawyer you say .....
She'll have been directed to stick with the non specific corporate branding because the only change in reality will be the suit in number 10. Are the pledges two of the 10 he made to blag the party leadership or new lies?
Freshly pulled out of his arse ;-)

IMG_20240602_210331.jpg

"Yet the idea that Labour remains a progressive social democratic party hiding in plain sight is still in the air. While it is granted this is not obvious from its programme, it is held that deep down it is the party of change, of welfare, of state intervention; the party of labour rather than of capital, the party of international law, not war. It is held that in power, either circumstances or opportunity will make it more radical. That hope animates many.

Yet Labour is telling the world otherwise, and we should believe it."

"Yet the idea that Labour remains a progressive social democratic party hiding in plain sight is still in the air. While it is granted this is not obvious from its programme, it is held that deep down it is the party of change, of welfare, of state intervention; the party of labour rather than of capital, the party of international law, not war. It is held that in power, either circumstances or opportunity will make it more radical. That hope animates many.

Yet Labour is telling the world otherwise, and we should believe it."

Its most telling feature is that the Labour party’s fundamental criticism of the Tories is their lack of competence, rather than their policies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.