Keir Starmer

Because there is a misconception that going to private school does actually open doors and does actually mean your kids will turn out better by default. This is mostly false though but it's usually too late to admit it once you've paid £100k and your kid ends up sat in the same university as everyone else.

It's not just about getting into top universities though is it? Just because they might end up at the same universities doesn't mean they don't have some privilege or networks to help them get a head start on their university peers.

It's not just about getting into top universities though is it? Just because they might end up at the same universities doesn't mean they don't have some privilege or networks to help them get a head start on their university peers.
A head start on what though? I agree it sort of makes sense with entry into politics but where else? Big finance?

I'm not too sure what we're arguing to change because I work for a major UK PLC and only a handful I know were privately educated, none of them were legged up into management. I haven't seen or experienced this privilege beyond the envy that somebody had a much easier education than I did, but surely that's down to the failings of the state system?

We can speak about the toffs and that element of privilege and infiltration of public office but let's not forget that Jeremy Corbyn was privately educated and Diane Abbot quite famously sent her kids to private school..... If this is an argument from the left field of politics then it's a bit of a hypocritical one.

I just don't see the problem because people can and do send their kids to private school for many reasons. Going purely to get a leg up into the Bullingdon Club only really applies to a select few.

I’ve got very mixed feelings about him.

I think he’s a boring ****, and I wouldn’t be remotely inclined to know him socially if we worked together; and his incantation about being a barrister from working class roots is tedious. I know certain..ahem…counsel whose fathers are more demonstrably working class than his, who don’t drone on about it. I’ll also hazard the barrister I’m thinking of is a better advocate than Starmer was, or ever will be.

But I think he’s ultimately a decent person; in what is a complex and wicked world, and I think he’ll be more radical than many expect. And I think he’ll generally make the right decisions, which is ultimately the most important feature in a PM. Think he could be a really good PM.

So, I think he deserves a chance, because we don’t live in a perfect world. Sadly. But we don’t.

I think he’s a boring ****, and I wouldn’t be remotely inclined to know him socially if we worked together; and his incantation about being a barrister from working class roots is tedious. I know certain..ahem…counsel whose fathers are more demonstrably working class than his, who don’t drone on about it. I’ll also hazard the barrister I’m thinking of is a better advocate than Starmer was, or ever will be.

But I think he’s ultimately a decent person; in what is a complex and wicked world, and I think he’ll be more radical than many expect. And I think he’ll generally make the right decisions, which is ultimately the most important feature in a PM. Think he could be a really good PM.

So, I think he deserves a chance, because we don’t live in a perfect world. Sadly. But we don’t.
I like him.

The labour can’t be as corrupt as the Tory party, because if they are reform will be the next party.

His voice goes through me, but least he isn't ruining Sambas for middle aged men.

So all that effort to get to be a candidate and bets on himself to lose.

What the fuck is wrong with these people?

Thick as pigshit, just get a friend of a friend to put the bet on.
A nice little return on an investment id he loses his seat... or a cushdy little number if he wins it... jobs a good 'un. Winner all round.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.