Keir Starmer

Not sure the PM needs to be able to do a foxtrot, but time will tell.
The leader of our Govt would ideally have an ounce of charisma.. Not a necessity but this guy is going to be negotiating deals on our behalf.. he’ll bore people to sleep

He’s not my PM (There wasn’t a decent one available) but I hope he delivers .. Time will tell

I can't be the only person who voted Labour with reluctance. Christian Wakeford was not an appealing candidate, but I wanted rid of the Tories.

Now it is up to Keir Starmer to prove the doubters wrong by doing a bloody good job. I will make allowances for the shitty state this country is in, but I want to see competence, honesty and decency, with respect for the rule of law. It's not asking much.

What I do not expect is everything to be sorted out by next Friday.

The leader of our Govt would ideally have an ounce of charisma.. Not a necessity but this guy is going to be negotiating deals on our behalf.. he’ll bore people to sleep

He’s not my PM (There wasn’t a decent one available) but I hope he delivers .. Time will tell
Boring is the best thing we can have in politics, having tried X Factor style politics for 8 years.

He is your PM, if you live in the U.K.

If you clump all the parties together on either side yea, but I don’t think you can. Labour and Lib Dem voters can be very different depending on the area.

I think it’s pretty clear there isn’t an enthusiasm for labour. Corbyn got more votes in previous elections. As you say it was a vote stop the tories.

Labour and the conservatives have now won large majorities where vast swathes of the public aren’t voting for them.

I guess what I’m saying is yes the desire to get rid of the Tories was absolutely the strongest factor for how people voted, but that doesn’t mean people aren’t enthusiastic about Labour because… and here’s something that I really haven’t seen people say… it’s possible for both of these things to be true. Yet everybody is treating them as mutually exclusive.

Lots of people who voted Lib Dem will be very happy that Labour are in power. Of this I have zero doubt.

I guess what I’m saying is yes the desire to get rid of the Tories was absolutely the strongest factor for how people voted, but that doesn’t mean people aren’t enthusiastic about Labour because… and here’s something that I really haven’t seen people say… it’s possible for both of these things to be true. Yet everybody is treating them as mutually exclusive.

Lots of people who voted Lib Dem will be very happy that Labour are in power. Of this I have zero doubt.
Ive got several work colleagues who fit this criteria.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.