Keir Starmer

I think when you come from the background she does as I do, you know that we all make the effort to leave the unpleasantness associated with our upbringing behind as we make our way in life. Remember it of course along with all the positive parts, but don't repeat it.

OK, so in effect she "leans into" her past too much for you. An interesting perspective and though not one I'm sure I would subscribe to, I now get where you're coming from.

I.
Seeing as you’ve cited those two individuals I’ll give you my perspective on both, and I’d say I’m well disposed to do so more objectively than most.

I’ll hazard I have a wider circle of friends than pretty much anyone else on this board. I’m sure there might be some who outdo me, and I’m certainly not getting territorial, but I have an incredibly wide circle of friends. Working class people who’ve done well for themselves (like my father) being the most prevalent, but plenty of objectively posh people too. I’d say a third of my friends are privately educated. Wide racial mix too. Although the majority are white. Wide age range too. I take people as I find them, and do not therefore suffer from the human curses of snobbery, or inverse snobbery.

It probably stems from my parents who are from wholly different social backgrounds. And the fact I’ve worked in fields where being able to engage with people across all social backgrounds is essential, if you want to progress.

So I don’t like or dislike either of them because of their social class.

You questioned my liking of Rayner, which you are perfectly entitled to.

My reasons for liking her is that she has a warmth and an honesty to her, that I find really attractive. I think she is benign, determined and forthright; qualities I find greatly attractive in a woman. I think she gives off a good energy. I greatly respect what she’s been through to get to where she is now. How can anyone not respect that? I don’t think she’s especially bright (intelligence being another quality I find hugely attractive in a woman) but she’s smart enough.

Rees-Mogg represents the very worst of humanity. Sour, negative, contemptuous and malign. You only have to see footage of him when he was a kid to see how rotten he is to his very core. He is a fuckimg horrible ****, who thinks he’s far smarter than he is.

Lastly, on balance, fwiw, I’d say Rayner is slightly more intelligent than Rees-Mogg, both of them hovering around the ‘slightly above average intelligence’ zone.

Hope that helps.
I once played badminton with the Dalai Lama, he was pretty darn good, without the sandals he may have beat me.

His language was appalling though,inner tranquility my arse.

Seeing as you’ve cited those two individuals I’ll give you my perspective on both, and I’d say I’m well disposed to do so more objectively than most.

I’ll hazard I have a wider circle of friends than pretty much anyone else on this board. I’m sure there might be some who outdo me, and I’m certainly not getting territorial, but I have an incredibly wide circle of friends. Working class people who’ve done well for themselves (like my father) being the most prevalent, but plenty of objectively posh people too. I’d say a third of my friends are privately educated. Wide racial mix too. Although the majority are white. Wide age range too. I take people as I find them, and do not therefore suffer from the human curses of snobbery, or inverse snobbery.

It probably stems from my parents who are from wholly different social backgrounds. And the fact I’ve worked in fields where being able to engage with people across all social backgrounds is essential, if you want to progress.

So I don’t like or dislike either of them because of their social class.

You questioned my liking of Rayner, which you are perfectly entitled to.

My reasons for liking her is that she has a warmth and an honesty to her, that I find really attractive. I think she is benign, determined and forthright; qualities I find greatly attractive in a woman. I think she gives off a good energy. I greatly respect what she’s been through to get to where she is now. How can anyone not respect that? I don’t think she’s especially bright (intelligence being another quality I find hugely attractive in a woman) but she’s smart enough.

Rees-Mogg represents the very worst of humanity. Sour, negative, contemptuous and malign. You only have to see footage of him when he was a kid to see how rotten he is to his very core. He is a fuckimg horrible ****, who thinks he’s far smarter than he is.

Lastly, on balance, fwiw, I’d say Rayner is slightly more intelligent than Rees-Mogg, both of them hovering around the ‘slightly above average intelligence’ zone.

Hope that helps.
Not Miss Rayner's biggest fan but the way she turned her life around and what she has now achieved is remarkable and a great example to us all.

Not Miss Rayner's biggest fan but the way she turned her life around and what she has now achieved is remarkable and a great example to us all.
It’s actually on a par with what David Blunkett achieved imo. Wholly different challenges, but both incredibly challenging. She’s had to fight and graft to get where she has.

I can see why people don’t like Starmer. And other senior Labour politicians. I can see why Reeves gets on people’s tits. But I cannot see why anyone would not like Rayner. Or at least, I wholly question the judgement of anyone who does not at least respect her.

It’s actually on a par with what David Blunkett achieved imo. Wholly different challenges, but both incredibly challenging. She’s had to fight and graft to get where she has.

I can see why people don’t like Starmer. And other senior Labour politicians. I can see why Reeves gets on people’s tits. But I cannot see why anyone would not like Rayner. Or at least, I wholly question the judgement of anyone who does not at least respect her.
Totally agree. You just can’t please some people. And her worst critics are the working class themselves for some reason. Maybe they prefer the Mogg types. You know the man of the people!

I was reflecting this morning on what an idiotic move it was by Starmer to hold his "you're all fucked" press conference in the No10 garden.

Of course when the budget arrives at the end of October, it will impact upon peoples' spending plans and businesses investment plans. We will all have to deal with the shit they dole out at the time.

But now, on the back of his speech, how many businesses thought great this is a good time to invest? How many individuals thought great let's go ahead and get that new kitchen we've been thinking of. Or let's buy that new car or book that holiday.

All he has done is depress the mood of the country and depress the economy, for an extra 2 months, needlessly. He talks about the overriding focus on growth and then does something that absolutely depresses growth! And there was no need to say anything. It's not as if he's damaged the economy for his own political expediency either - his actions since gaining power, have trashed his personal ratings as well.

I am now certain that as well as being slimy, dishonest and without principles, he's politically and economically incompetent to boot. Thank God we only have 5 years or less until he's gone.

Reactions: PPT
I was reflecting this morning on what an idiotic move it was by Starmer to hold his "you're all fucked" press conference in the No10 garden.

Of course when the budget arrives at the end of October, it will impact upon peoples' spending plans and businesses investment plans. We will all have to deal with the shit they dole out at the time.

But now, on the back of his speech, how many businesses thought great this is a good time to invest? How many individuals thought great let's go ahead and get that new kitchen we've been thinking of. Or let's buy that new car or book that holiday.

All he has done is depress the mood of the country and depress the economy, for an extra 2 months, needlessly. He talks about the overriding focus on growth and then does something that absolutely depresses growth! And there was no need to say anything. It's not as if he's damaged the economy for his own political expediency either - his actions since gaining power, have trashed his personal ratings as well.

I am now certain that as well as being slimy, dishonest and without principles, he's politically and economically incompetent to boot. Thank God we only have 5 years or less until he's gone.
Just think of all the freed-up extra houses on the market when the rich leave. It'll be HMO heaven in Fitzrovia.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.