Keir Starmer

In fairness she did apologise for that remark and though I was unimpressed by it, I did think there was some mitigation given some of what she was being subjected to at the time.

I guess 'class' is a subjective quality, but in what way do you feel she is a steaming hypocrite?

Do you not think there's something quite impressive about someone who had a pretty unpromising younger life ascending to the level of deputy PM?

Similarly, putting aside ideological differences, do you not think there's something very valuable about having someone at the heart of government whose lived experience is different from most politicians?
Hypocracy examples: Made £50k profit fom her right-to-buy council houses and now says mouthing off about those who get “loads and loads of discount”; Vehement objection to Tories considering scapping WFA, now defending it; Vehement (and rightly so) condemnation of recent rioters, and failure to do so regarding Muslim disturbances in her constituency. Then there's the extremely "iffy" issue about which house was actually her main residence, whilst she's been constantly banging on about sleezy Tories. I could go on.

Do I think it's valuable about having someone at the heart of government whose lived experience is different from most politicians? Yes, in principle I do. But not her.

Nor really qualified to comment. As a denizen of the lower orders I have had little social contact with the upper reaches of society, my only personal encounters with the ruling class were through my old job in the Dept of Education.
Now there is degeneracy..... Dept of Education. ;-)

Unlikely I imagine, do you not tend to find that ordinary working folks are a fair bit less degenerate than those further up the food chain?
I'm not really qualified to comment. As a denizen of the lower orders I have had little social contact with members of the ruling class, most personal encounters in the upper reaches of society were through my old job in the Dept of Education.

Last edited:
I'm not really qualified to comment. As a denizen of the lower orders I have had little social contact with the with members of the ruling class, most personal encounters with the upper reaches of society were through my old job in the Dept of Education.

Woah! I knew @Eccles Blue had mystical powers but I didn't realise she'd mastered time travel?

In fairness she did apologise for that remark and though I was unimpressed by it, I did think there was some mitigation given some of what she was being subjected to at the time.

I guess 'class' is a subjective quality, but in what way do you feel she is a steaming hypocrite?

Do you not think there's something quite impressive about someone who had a pretty unpromising younger life ascending to the level of deputy PM?

Similarly, putting aside ideological differences, do you not think there's something very valuable about having someone at the heart of government whose lived experience is different from most politicians?
You could say the same about Liz Truss who actually made it to the top job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.