Keir Starmer

You’re looking at it from the process of it all, I’m looking at the optics. You and I will agree on the details because they are factual. Optics are subjective.

Most people don’t have any determination to explore the real detail. They’ll make their mind up on the most slenderest of perception. Often it will be biased by their own beliefs. Social media will fill their feeds with it as they’re read it before further making them validate they are right. You could create a story that Starmer eats babies (or pets as they are in vogue these days) and there will be a section of our society who will soon be adamant that is true. It’s bonkers and ultimately dangerous.

On a side note I believe there is a strong case to say these social media algorithms should show you more of the opposite side of the story so we get a better view of the other side of a debate.

There's a fair argument for turning the social media algorithms off tbh. It's only there to drive engagement and keep you on there for longer.

And I'd rather see a wider perspective of the world rather than targeted advertising based on what the algorithm knows about me.

I received numerous correspondence from the lib dems in the run-up to the election, some signed off by junior activists (an approach which I found to be quite patronising), I voted for them but not because of them spamming me more than the rest of them combined.

Moving on from freebiegate during the election Keir pledged to reduce the waiting list for rape trials by setting up fast track special courts not heard anything about this since election has anyone any updates?
Currently waiting 4 years for a trial if pleading not guilty.

Is that it , lol. Taking a few clothes is nothing like boris and the rest of them taking millions for personal use , no matter how hard you try and no matter how stupid you look , you cannot compare starmer and boris on sleeze or contracts to family and friends , tax payers billions lost for good

The only people comparing the two are the Starmer apologists TBF.

That's true. There was a graphic from Sky posted earlier in the thread and Boris Johnson didn't even make the list. Presumably because he paid back the money for his renovations. Dishonest to not include him and not explain why.

I think that was something to do with ministers being exempt from reporting or something like that.

Hopefully this is a watershed in the whole sordid business and the rules are changed.

Moving on from freebiegate during the election Keir pledged to reduce the waiting list for rape trials by setting up fast track special courts not heard anything about this since election has anyone any updates?
Currently waiting 4 years for a trial if pleading not guilty.

He set up fast track courts for political expediency just not for unimportant crimes like rape. He looks like a bad actor just enjoying the power and the photoshoots.

Reactions: PPT

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.