Keir Starmer

People tend to believe in the party they tend to vote for, but I never understand that. Look how different Brown was to Blair, May was to Cameron, or Truss to any human being on the planet. Then we had Corbyn followed by Starmer, the latter seems to have changed beyond recognition, and not so far in a good way. I voted for an MP in my constituency that had done his best for the local area, but he narrowly lost his seat by some clown falling off paddleboards to get attention which split the vote and allowed another candidate who has never lived locally to get in. There, I said what I think, and didn’t even mention BJ!

I have no idea if this is true, nor whether it can be proven. But thought it was worth posting, because if true, I think Starmer's days are numbered.

That's not how politics works.

The electorate can't oust him for another five years, the Parliamentary party aren't going to oust him, they're all in his pocket save for a few powerless backbenchers, he has no significant rival and he has a stonking majority.

He's not going anywhere.

That's not how politics works.

The electorate can't oust him for another five years, the Parliamentary party aren't going to oust him, they're all in his pocket save for a few powerless backbenchers, he has no significant rival and he has a stonking majority.

He's not going anywhere.
I agree there's significant obstacles. And Labour don't have a history of ousting their leaders. But I have thought for a while he's a wrong un and will get his comeuppance sooner or later. And whilst I don't have a clue what might prompt it, nor the mechanics by which it will be brought about, I am still of the belief it will happen. We will see, won't we.

I agree there's significant obstacles. And Labour don't have a history of ousting their leaders. But I have thought for a while he's a wrong un and will get his comeuppance sooner or later. And whilst I don't have a clue what might prompt it, nor the mechanics by which it will be brought about, I am still of the belief it will happen. We will see, won't we.

Nothing levelled at Starmer comes close to the shit that went down under the last three Tory Prime Ministers, there's no equivalence at all, it's all small potato stuff, amplified by the Tory client media and the usual suspects online.

I don't give a monkey's nuts either way, I'm no fan of Starmer, but I can recognise bullshit when I smell it.

Tories would never ever pay back any gifts they received and most of their gifts was from the taxpayers.

Well done Starmer.

The problem is there's a lot of sensationalism in what is generally an anti-Labour press.

So you get articles like: 'What it would mean if Labour follows through on suggestion to tax cat food.'

Even though it was just a suggestion and there's no evidence Labour plans to tax cat food. It's great for papers as it creates a climate of fear bordering on paranoia. Exactly what they want.

Then you have follow-up articles: 'How to thwart Labour's planned tax on cat food.' with suggestions like emigrating to Jersey or buying 5,000 tins of Kit-e-Kat today. All good stuff from the paper's POV.
At least tins of Kit-e-Kat don't bounce

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.