Keir Starmer

Why are people quoting tweets that reference that odious prick Dan Hodges, and why are those left wing tweeters commenting on what that **** has to say?
He keeps saying about a fresh start, bring back integrity to politics and the rest but, if he’s just another Tory lite PM there’s no actual point to him, I’m afraid. What does he actually stand for? The reason he might manage to blow it is he keeps giving people who want to vote for him, a reason not to!

Last week he said the following, in direct contradiction of something he said whilst running for the Leadership of the Labour Party.

“A Swiss deal simply wouldn’t work for Britain. We’ll have a stronger trading relationship and we’ll reduce red tape for British business – but freedom of movement is a red line for me.

“It was part of the deal of being in the EU but since we left I’ve been clear it won’t come back under my government.”

Whilst he said the following in 2020, whilst running to be LEADER of the Labour Party.

E702A97A-DE9D-440E-871C-AAEA7518B6CD.jpeg
Christ, I’ve never voted Tory and never would, I consider myself reasonably left of centre but certainly not ‘left-wing’ and I’m having trouble knowing what the bloke and the party stand for, other than not being the Tory party. Trouble is, the more he speaks, the less certain I am about even that!

He keeps saying about a fresh start, bring back integrity to politics and the rest but, if he’s just another Tory lite PM there’s no actual point to him, I’m afraid. What does he actually stand for? The reason he might manage to blow it is he keeps giving people who want to vote for him, a reason not to!

Last week he said the following, in direct contradiction of something he said whilst running for the Leadership of the Labour Party.

“A Swiss deal simply wouldn’t work for Britain. We’ll have a stronger trading relationship and we’ll reduce red tape for British business – but freedom of movement is a red line for me.

“It was part of the deal of being in the EU but since we left I’ve been clear it won’t come back under my government.”

Whilst he said the following in 2020, whilst running to be LEADER of the Labour Party.

View attachment 62078
Christ, I’ve never voted Tory and never would, I consider myself reasonably left of centre but certainly not ‘left-wing’ and I’m having trouble knowing what the bloke and the party stand for, other than not being the Tory party. Trouble is, the more he speaks, the less certain I am about even that!
I honestly think he's slightly to the right of Ken Clarke (a moderate voice in conservative politics). The reason this goes largely unnoticed is that the conservative party has lurched so far to the right that Starmer can occupy the political space previously held by Cameron/ Osbourne and seem centrist by comparison.

I honestly think he's slightly to the right of Ken Clarke (a moderate voice in conservative politics). The reason this goes largely unnoticed is that the conservative party has lurched so far to the right that Starmer can occupy the political space previously held by Cameron/ Osbourne and seem centrist by comparison.
If that’s true then there really is no point to him.

If that’s true then there really is no point to him.
The point is to be not the venal cunts who are currently running the country. He is taking for granted that most educated people will vote for him in spite of policies deliberately tailored to win back traditional Labour voting socially conservative red wall voters who fell for Johnson’s slogans in 2019. Hopefully once in power his position will evolve to something more sensible and pragmatic as far as our trading relationship with the EU is concerned, and we’ll end up as de facto members of the single market without nominally being in it. The upturn in trade as a result should help to convince people that our future lies in undoing Brexit as much as possible without rejoining in the near term.

Love the guy. Boring twat who is has took the Tories, the nasty Tories, down within a couple years after being devastated by internal strife.

Some will say that the centre is not their bag, but what was not to like about the Blair years, you never never had it so good.

Today, it’s just shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.