Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total Myth.
His touch is atrocious mate, really is something he needs to work on
The amount of times it bounces off him is so frustrating

Even his goal against United... in the build up his poor first touch lead to the ball being cleared (poorly) to KDB

His finishing on the otherhand is usually perfect.

His first touch is below par, but with the ball he will also look to pass it or make a play. Aguero just runs at goal and is always looking to score himself. Iheanacho has 3 assists for a reason (plus very big inputs in 2 other goals). Therefore its not a total myth - he has played nice one-twos, made great passes or made deliberate runs that played other players into scoring positions. Something Aguero rarely does. Iheanacho is more of a team player, even if he doesn't have the close control skill of Aguero.

His first touch is below par, but with the ball he will also look to pass it or make a play. Aguero just runs at goal and is always looking to score himself. Iheanacho has 3 assists for a reason (plus very big inputs in 2 other goals). Therefore its not a total myth - he has played nice one-twos, made great passes or made deliberate runs that played other players into scoring positions. Something Aguero rarely does. Iheanacho is more of a team player, even if he doesn't have the close control skill of Aguero.

Aguero 'just runs at goal'
The possible best striker on the planet just runs at goal does he? jesus christ

Kelechi has superb movement, I never suggested otherwise and when he came on on sunday he proved that with a few good pieces of movement to get into scoring positions, but dont kid yourself that he is anywhere near Aguero in ANY department as of yet. Aguero often takes 2/3 defenders with him at once with his movement, leaving space for the rest of our team to play and break through. Its something that wont be noticed simply because it happens all game every game its become a norm. He absolutely petrifies every single centre half in the league by just being there, so his 'selfish' movement becomes more of a team gain than anything Kelechi can add just yet.
Im not knocking the kid, but im saying that whilst his finishing/movement is great; there has been so many times where we were playing in the final third and his touch bounces up or he just gets crowded out thinking he has more time than he does. When he was strangely thrown on in the CL semi with Real it was evident that he cant play a major part in those technical games at the moment. In the future for sure though...

Iheanacho - bad control per game - 1.2

Aguero - bad control per game - 2.8

Kelechi's current weakness isn't his touch but his dribbling; he gets dispossessed 3-4 times more often than he completes dribbles whilst Aguero is dispossessed about the same amount of times as he goes past someone.

Aguero 'just runs at goal'
The possible best striker on the planet just runs at goal does he? jesus christ

I didn't mean it like that. And you know it. I meant that Aguero is transfixed on scoring himself, while Iheanacho is more of a team player. Thats all I said. And no... Aguero's movement is not better than Kelechi's.

A one aspect of the game that Kelechi is already ahead of Aguero is: finishing. Kelechi does more with less.

I'd be playing him and sacrificing a defender. Our full backs are average to poor anyway so go three at the back, 5 in the middle with players who can cover where needed and start him with Kun. We should be keeping teams
On the back foot.

He would be much further on in his development had Pellegrini had the bollocks to play him instead of lard arse last season.

I'd be playing him and sacrificing a defender. Our full backs are average to poor anyway so go three at the back, 5 in the middle with players who can cover where needed and start him with Kun. We should be keeping teams
On the back foot.

He would be much further on in his development had Pellegrini had the bollocks to play him instead of lard arse last season.

This is actually a very good point. Potentially we could line up like this:

Bravo
Stones Otamendi Kolarov
Navas Fernandinho Gundogan Sterling
KDB
Iheanacho Aguero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.