Kelechi Iheanacho - 2016/17 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still work in progress for me and someway to go before being the finished article. Still poles apart from where Kun is, but has youth on his side.

100% agree with you. He still has an awful lot to learn. Hopefully Pep can make him a better player and good enough to be part of our future.

Iheanacho just scored a brilliant goal for Nigeria in the WCQF The match is still ongoing (Half time break)

He broke with the ball, rounded the keeper...went all the way near the inside post..had three Zambian defenders to his right...dragged the ball back slightly and scored with immense composure.

I thought he would rush his shot and hit the post. I did not think he would score once he got to that angle! The boy is very calm in front of goal!

The fact that he's continually scoring goals for Nigeria shows he's no flash in the pan for a good team. Massive future ahead of him

And the composure as well. He didn't panic as the angle got tighter on him and defenders were rushing back to try to get on the line.
And not much wrong with his touch and close control either.

I agree with a couple of other posters that 3-5-2 may be a worthwhile option at some point this season.

Still work in progress for me and someway to go before being the finished article. Still poles apart from where Kun is, but has youth on his side.

He's miles ahead of where kun was at 20 in relation to scoring goals.... His problem is indeed youth, however, when the penny drops about positioning, he'll be invaluable.

Pep has reinforced a few times regarding less is more for Kun, the same applies to Kelechi... Put it this way, if his goals to game ratio is any sort of barometer, he might end up half decent (:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.