Kelechi Iheanacho

lancs blue said:
Cityisland said:
Why can he only play in the one friendly?

Said last night on the comms that the rules of the tournament say only registered players are eligible. We can't register him until his 18th birthday.

Thats a real shame. Havent been this excited to see a young player at city in a very long time. Very accomplished.

Mister Appointment said:
Andouble said:
The most impressive teenage performance I've seen for some time, against men.

I'm going to try and download the game and watch it again but yeah I thought I saw a proper star last night. He's 17 and he looked head and shoulders the best attacking player on the park. Amazing when you think Jovetic and Navas were out there and should both be relatively fresh considering they had a good break.

It's going to be a strange comparison but he seems to have the same physical and technical attributes as Pogba does. I'm not sure how tall Kelechi is but he stood a good few inches above Sinclair in a defensive wall and Sinclair's 5 foot nine so he's got to be six foot tall already. He didn't look fazed by the game and showed such remarkable composure at times in tight situations. His finish was top drawer but you could see all game he had that in his locker.

Be really interesting to see what City do with him in October. Off that one game, and I admit it's only one game, he looks much better than anyone in the EDS squad by some distance. Not sure him joining them would be right. Honestly I'd bring him straight into the first team squad. At least for a few months. Then depending on how he does send him on loan in January.

But yes hugely impressive and a really exciting prospect.
Lads 6'1 apparently...

Wait, check that, there's another footballer named Kelechi Iheanacho (b. 1981)... He's the 6-footer.

EDIT: ESPNs got 'our' Kelechi at 6'1... The plot thickens...

Cityisland said:
lancs blue said:
Cityisland said:
Why can he only play in the one friendly?

Said last night on the comms that the rules of the tournament say only registered players are eligible. We can't register him until his 18th birthday.

Thats a real shame. Havent been this excited to see a young player at city in a very long time. Very accomplished.

I heard that as well, but on the International Champions Cup website it lists Kelechi as on the roster. Since this is on the tournament website this would make me think that he actually is available.

Manchester City will look to tie up a deal for teenage playmaker Kelechi Iheanacho when they return from their US tour.

The 17-year-old has agreed to link up with City but a work permit will be required in order for him to compete in England and the required paperwork is yet to be processed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.