Kelechi Iheanacho

Stuart Brennan just said on twitter that Iheanacho is NOT deemed by the Club as being "first team level at the moment"

Think we just kidding ourselves that a 17 year old with no prem experience could step into the squad this season and replace Negredo......

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Stuart Brennan just said on twitter that Iheanacho is NOT deemed by the Club as being "first team level at the moment"

Think we just kidding ourselves that a 17 year old with no prem experience could step into the squad this season and replace Negredo......

What, like when Raheem Sterling made his debut at 17 years and 4 months for Liverpool.

This Iheanacho looks the part already and the sooner we get him playing the better. In the words of Clough, 'if they're good enough they're old enough'

As an aside, in any sport you can care to mention it is generally the case that those that reach the highest levels of competition earlier tend to be able to progress to be the very best in their sports.

In short, get your boots on Kelechi.

Mancitybluemoon1 said:

It's clever that City understate his ability until he signs a contract. Similar to big Mal going to watch Colin Bell and openly criticising him in the crowd in order to put off other suitors. For those of us old enough to remember.

117 M34 said:
Probably be sold to a championship club for peanuts in 18 months

Yep, and then fall by the wayside like so many of our promising youngsters. I really wonder whether we have the right coaches to bring through talented players. Only time will tell I suppose. Micah had the raw power but no one was able to coach him to be a better defender or footballer. Chelsea on the other hand look like they consistently produce good players and then get them loaned out.

Mancitybluemoon1 said:

Even if he was good enough to play in the premier league, I don't think he could replace Negredo. Negredo is the beast, while he had pretty good technical ability, his biggest attribute was his strength and power. From what I've seen of Iheanacho he looks more like a Jovetic type player. He seemed to like to drop into the midfield to receive the ball and looked to do something with it at his feet. I can't see him consistently outmuscling premier league defenders for a header in the box, and being the target man Negredo was.

MaineRoadBlue said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:

What, like when Raheem Sterling made his debut at 17 years and 4 months for Liverpool.

This Iheanacho looks the part already and the sooner we get him playing the better. In the words of Clough, 'if they're good enough they're old enough'

As an aside, in any sport you can care to mention it is generally the case that those that reach the highest levels of competition earlier tend to be able to progress to be the very best in their sports.

In short, get your boots on Kelechi.
i agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.