Kelechi Iheanacho

Difficult to say. The stats for me are meaningless without some depth to them. For instance, how many of their goals have won games? How many of their assists have led to winning games?

I don't watch Rashford, so have little to go on. I've seen a lot of Iheanacho (well, as much as I could anyway), and like everything I've seen. He's got pace, he makes brilliant runs, and he can finish. He links up well with other players as well. I'm not going to mention the workrate, as they're both young, so that goes without saying.

For a Rag, I must admit that I don't particularly dislike Rashford, which is strange for me. He'll obviously get more attention as he's playing for the Rags, and he's English. In fact, he's taken a lot of press away from Martial!

I think they're both excellent young talents, only time will tell which one is better. The fact that they'll both have new managers next season will be interesting. Just going off my list ited knowledge, I think Mourinho has a weaker track record of bringing youngsters through than Guardiola, so hopefully Iheanacho will get his chances.

Always difficult to give praise to anything Rag related , Rashford has played a dozen games and looks a good prospect , its the circus that surrounds any Rag academy product that is nauseating , Cleverley,Jones,Welbeck etc., were all the next "Duncan Edwards" , the common denominator , they were English , but they have all been proven to be shite. If Nacho was English no doubt he would get a few more headlines , but we all know how good this kid is going to be , Pep will be the making of him .Probably the last home grown striker we brought through was Paul Moulden ,(excluding Sturrridge he was a greedy c*nt, who chased the money) so its been a long time coming

Adie Mike
Jason Beckford
Mike Sheron
Leon Mike
Bradley Wright Phillips
Ched Evans
Ishmael Miller

Has there been any more home grown strikers since Paul Moulden?

Devante Cole! ;-)

Comparison is tough to make at this stage because Rashford is playing from the start (but in a shit team that doesn't create much) and Nacho is generally coming on for a couple of minutes at the end in games we have already won and most of the team are waiting for the final whistle. From the small glimpses of Nacho we have had in situations where the game is still live he has looked very impressive and full of potential. Also on Rashford, I
think I read somewhere recently that he has a crazy high chance conversion ratio,
something like 50% while Kun is at about 20% which to me suggests he is going through a very purple patch and won't be
able to maintain this kind of goal scoring rate for long (those figures are probably
not accurate and I can't be arsed looking for the article but you get the point)

Edit: looked that up and Rashford is 50%, Messi is 17%
rashford > messi

Adie Mike
Jason Beckford
Mike Sheron
Leon Mike
Bradley Wright Phillips
Ched Evans
Ishmael Miller

Has there been any more home grown strikers since Paul Moulden?

You call that developing strikers ??

Jason Beckford = 4 in 53
Mike Sheron = 24 in 100 for City and 126 in 490 career
Leon Mike = 5 in 50
Bradley Wright Phillips = 2 in 32 for City, 77 in 240 in England and 45 in 80 in USA
Ched Evans = 1 in 16 for City and 52 in 131 career
Ishmael Miller = 39 in 207

Not a great deal to crow about all told.

hang your head in shame Pelligrini

this kid should have playing all season.
This.
He actually has a better goals per minute ratio than Aguero. Not statistically insignificant either as he now has 11 goals.
Shooting wise, he doesn't half pack a shot from such little backlift, more importantly when he does shoot it's almost always on target 15 shoots + a trick shoot assist (off his back) = 11 goals is phenomenal.
Yes he has pace but his runs are so intellegent and I really don't know where this excuse about him not keeping the ball comes from. Give him the ball and he rarely gives it away.
All in all I would suggest that he will become a WORLD class star and the fact that Pelleginii has used him so sparingly is pretty much a crime considering where we are in the League.

Last edited:
I'm very pleased for you.

From what I saw at the Derby I think Rashford is marginally stronger, yes.

I guess it's all a bit meaningless at the moment. Both will get stronger and better. Probably the most important aspect will be character and dedication and only time will tell.

As things stand I'm very happy with Nacho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.