Kelechi Iheanacho

He IS a top class player. One goal per <90 mins speaks for itself when you've score as many goals as he has.
Yea I know but I want to keep my hype machine grounded . His stats speaks for itself . Let's hope he gets proper guidance for his development .

OK, let's be controversial here. Is the fact that he's doing so well maybe down to being handled well by the manager. Who's to say he would have been better if he'd played more minutes?

OK, let's be controversial here. Is the fact that he's doing so well maybe down to being handled well by the manager. Who's to say he would have been better if he'd played more minutes?

You might be onto something, except you can look at when he hasn't played. I'm not talking about crucial games against top opponents, but how many times early in the year did we see us 3-4 nil up with 20-30 mins to go and Demichelis or Kolarov was brought on in place of an attacker, just so they could get minutes? We took too long in giving Kelechi his chance to shine IMO.

You might be onto something, except you can look at when he hasn't played. I'm not talking about crucial games against top opponents, but how many times early in the year did we see us 3-4 nil up with 20-30 mins to go and Demichelis or Kolarov was brought on in place of an attacker, just so they could get minutes? We took too long in giving Kelechi his chance to shine IMO.
Agreed .

I think there's a lot to say for this. Elsewhere in the thread there's talk about januszai and macheda. Their stars burnt very brightly when they first came into the team but neither have kicked on and delivered over a sustained period. We have no idea about how Ihaneacho has reacted - physically or emotionally- to playing but we can see that at the end of this season he has developed very well. The manager deserves credit for this. To suggest he should have played more is just speculation as we have no idea whether that would have aided his development or not nor whether his performances in training warranted it.

Maybe it is my blue bias but I just don't see it with Rashford. This just reminds of the Sturridge Welbeck debate, i.e. no debate at all - Sturridge all day long was better. The goal and penalty decision against us was simply youthful pace (he ran in a straight line!) against old legs. I am not saying that Rashford is not a good player but he is an overrated player. Kelechi has vision, game reading, touch among other qualities that I think will make him a big star. Imagine if he replicated Kluivert's winning goal in the 1995 CL final - that would probably announce him on the world-stage - try and state Rashford is better then without looking absurd. As for that "debate" on sky this morning with two Rags -ridiculous. They stated that Kelechi had more goals, a better goals per minute ratio than anyone, could score inside AND outside the box yet Rashford was better?!?! Also did anyone see that clip of united fans chanting that Rashford was better than Aguero? - do me a favour! RANT OVER (apologises!)

The only reason Rashford got a few games was due to the Rags injury situation , Nacho has worked his way into the squad over a couple of seasons , and despite a stubborn manager is now the prefered choice to a £25m striker , Rashford could still prove to be a "flash in the pan" , where as Nacho is here to stay

Stubborn Manager ? I think he's just been looking after Kelechi's goals/minutes ratio ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.